25

Elianna Grace

"What the actual fuck!" The captain yelled when we were just about to reach the airport.

"What's wrong?" The police officer driving asked.

"Mark surrendered. I just got the message." He said still looking at his phone in shock.

"He's in California. We've gotta go there." He says looking like he was trying to piece everything together.

What the fuck. Why would he just surrender tho? Was this his plan all along? Did he have a bigger plan and this was just a part of it? Was he tired after all the killing? Did he have a change of heart?

All this was running through my mind while the captain yells "it's five fucking hours from here. What do we do?"

"Calm down jeez the whole van is shaking cuz of you!" Oliver says banging his head.

"We've gotta take the flight regardless. I wanna question that bitch." Oliver says.

"Okay alright I'll book them. Harry this is where we need you the most, you're part of the prosecution and no one can charge him with the death penalty other than you. You're good. Elianna you've gotta be present too. We need you to help us with the interrogation and just help us manipulate him to get the information out of him. Oliver and me will handle the rest." the captain says frantically.

"Okay okay we got this. We've gotta get the situation under control." Oliver says.

"Right okay so the next flight is in an hour." The captain says.

"Okay everyone this all should hopefully go smoothly." Oliver says assuring the captain who was super stressed at this point.

Harry this whole while was on a phone call.

He himself looked super stressed. He was going through some documents harshly saying, "Right get it done. Ask for the quick dates in courts. I will not tolerate a date thats over a week."

"Right right." He nods.

He runs his hand though his hair pinching his nose with his fingers. His veins bulged on the action. His shirt looking like they were really tight for him suddenly as his muscles remained constricted. His Adam apple bobbing up and down rapidly every time he raised his voice.

Thats when my phone interrupts me from my gazing process. It was the dean.

"I just heard. how you doing?" He says immediately as I pick up.

"I'm okay as soon as we land in California thats when it all actually starts. He's known for being extremely violent and manipulative. it doesn't scare me it's just this is something new. It's also really important for my degree so I don't wanna mess this up but-"

"I know. I understand. I will inform all the officers to have their security tightened especially when he's around you. You are going to be safe." He says

"About the manipulation. You've gotta be strong. You cannot share any personal details of your life with him not even one. He's gonna use that against you. He's going to try to read you. So you've gotta be cold Elianna."

"I understand. Yes." I say.

"Don't worry you got this" He says assuring me.

"Thank you sir."

"Take care alright and I'm calling you and Ethan for dinner soon. I miss the both of y'all." He says.

"That would be amazing. Thank you. We'd love to have you over to." I say.

"Okay I've gotta go now. Take care. Send me all the details. If he confesses quickly this will all be over soon and you'll be graded based on it." He says.

"I'll try my best. Bye sir."

"Bye." He says as I cut the phone.

"Okay we're gonna board the flight soon. Let's go." The captain says.

Harry wasn't talking on the phone anymore. I walk up to him and sit next to him.

"Hey you okay?" I ask him considering how stressed he was looking.

"Yeah it's just so confusing. I mean I'm glad he surrendered but I don't have a good feeling about this." He says.

"Same it's so weird even before he got caught he would be so good running away from the police and he was caught after the usage of so much force and that's what we all expected now but this is something new." I say.

"Exactly my point." He sighs.

"Hey also, sit with me." He says now looking into my eyes.

"Alright I will." I say smiling.

We soon board the flight and I sit with harry the whole way. We eat a bunch of food and talk about the most random things ever.

As we land we quickly head to the institution where he was being held.

And there he was. His face looking perfectly clean shaven, his nails perfect kept. His hair all gelled up. Like he was waiting for a show.

And most of all, a huge smile plastered on his face upon our arrival.

Who are you Mark?