Chapter 23. The Truth

Besides a hidden and desolate river outside the suburb, a red Mercedes-Benz sports car was parked there.

The door was dented in its entirety by the crash, and ChenXiao was sinking into her seat. She looked as pale as a sheet of paper and was panting heavily. Her eyes were wide open and scarlet, and her whole body was covered in a cold sweat after surviving a disaster and escaping from the crime scene.

She hit someone!

She drove a car and hit Yibo!

He was bleeding and he seemed to see her.

She didn't know what to do. She didn't mean it and she never wanted him to die!

It was all because of Zhan. He had given birth to the twins safely, which had melted Yibo's heart. Even that day at the Horizontal Hotel when she set up Zhan, she was begging him to have sex with her in the room, but only to hear that he asked Zanjin to re-investigate everything further without telling her!

On the day when Zhan had a car accident, no matter how many calls she made to him, he didn't answer any of them until she rushed straight to the hospital and knew that he had guarded Zhan for the whole night.

Jealousy made her so angry that she would not stand by and watch Zhan give birth to the children because it may change Yibo's mind. It was not so easy!

So when she first heard the news of the accident at the Wang Group construction site, a terrible and vicious plan was formed in her mind.

Yibo was hers and no one could take him away!

She would rather die than surrender him to Zhan!

At the thought of this, ChenXiao's face was covered with a vicious hatred, which gave others a feeling that she might eat human beings. She got out of the car, called and sent someone over to her address, and pushed the red car straight into the river.

She asked the driver to take her back to the city center. After disguising, she went to the hospital and witnessed that Haikuan held the farewell letter left behind by Zhan in his hand. Knowing that her plot had finally succeeded, she turned around and went to the guard room to bribe the guard on duty to destroy all the videos of her appearance at the hospital that day to threaten Zhan to leave.

..............

When Yibo woke up, he knew nothing about these things.

Wearing a white hospital gown made him look pale. His short inky black hair was messy and his handsome face had a tired haggard look to it, and his left hand was in a cast due to a fracture.

Zanjin hustled into the ward. He just received a call from the hospital saying that Mrs. Wang took away his daughter and disappeared from the hospital. Currently, the whole hospital couldn't find any trace of him.

Seeing him walk in, Yibo jerked his eyes up to look at him. He was already sober and his black eyes were filled with gloom.

"Who did it?"

He could only see half of the face at that time and that person was still wearing a hat to cover up the face tightly.

How dare that person murder him? He really had no idea of death or danger!

Zanjin was already a bit hesitant and guilty and was shocked by his expression, but he quickly adjusted and replied, "We are still investigating about it and we already found that the car disappeared after fleeing to a river in the suburbs that day. It is probably that the murderer threw the car into the river to destroy the evidence. Currently, we have sent more people to search it in the river."

Yibo snorted and looked through the window with a deadly glare as if he wanted to eat someone alive.

Zanjin took a deep breath and was about to report on Zhan's disappearance when a loud BANG suddenly rang out.

With a loud thud on the ground, the door was kicked open. Haikuan walked in angrily with a gloomy look in his gentle eyes like never before. He glanced at Zanjin coldly and asked him, "Did you say it?"

Zanjin realized what he was talking about and looked back at Yibo, who was still on the hospital bed. Before he could speak, Haikuan lifted his collar and threw him to the ground. Zanjin fell to the ground, curling up in pain, and said through clenched teeth, "Not yet."

Yibo looked at the scene coldly, "What?"

The two brothers looked at each other, and Haikuan directly snorted, "Are you concerned?"

Yibo got off the bed directly and walked to him. Haikuan also stared at him and there was no brotherhood in his eyes, only hatred.

"Are you for Zhan? Haikuan, I have reminded you too many times that he is your brother-in-law, not something you can get your hands on, and it's not your turn to care about. how things go between him and me."

.............

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆