Chapter 42. You Have An Ulterior Motive.

The sky had turned dark, and Yibo was in the living room with the two children. The moment Zhan made his appearance, Ayuan immediately rushed towards him and hugged his thigh.

Zhan stroked Ayuan head and picked him up and started to kiss Ayuan all over face.

The home chef was arranging the dishes on the dining table when she glimpsed Zhan.

She broke into a smile, "You have come just right on time, Mr Zhan. The dishes are all ready and you guys can come eat now!"

"Huh" Zhan froze for a second and he hastily declined, "It's okay, I am here to get Ayuan and A-yue."

"Let's eat together since you're here."

On the sofa, Yibo shut the book in his hand and walked over to dinning table.

A-yue nodded on one side as she implored, "Mummy, I am hungry now."

Zhan knew that he would look pretentious if he continued to decline their goodwill, so he could only force himself to take a seat by the dining table.

"Mummy, this is sweet and sour fish which is your favourite. It is something Dad has specially ordered aunty chef to make!"

A-yue winked as she said this as if she wanted to flatter her mother.

Upon hearing that, Zhan was seized by a little awkwardness. He shot a momentary glance at Yibo.

"Thank you. It must have been some hard work."

Yibo didn't stand on ceremony somehow as he mumbled a response.

Just as Yibo was about to pick up some dishes, his sleeve was held back by some force. He looked down and saw that Ayuan was grabbing his sleeve and look like his face say 'Send me some food.'

Yibo picked up some food and sent to Ayuan bowl.

Ayuan suddenly looked anxious as he fumbled with Yibo's sleeves while shooting glances in Zhan's direction. Only then did Yibo realize about Ayuan's true intentions He was hinting at Yibo to send some food to Zhan, not to his own bowl.

This rascal!

Zhan was quietly chowing down on his food when suddenly a slender hand appeared in front of his eyes. A pair of chopsticks landed a small piece of braised fish meet in his plate.

He raised his head and met Yibo's serene eyes. He was really flattered by his move.

"Thank you, I can do that myself."

"Ayuan wants me to send some food your way. Just eat it." Yibo tone was natural and cool, as if trying to detach himself from his own actions but little did he know that his words made his action all the more sweet and ambiguous.

One would conclude that he must be a very gentle and respecting parent, and his family must be one shaped by peacefulness and prosperity.

It was not like they hadn't eaten together before. However, something undesirable had happened on the night before yesterday, which greatly affected Zhan current mood and rendered him unable to just sit there naturally with Yibo around and act like everything was the same.

Zhan didn't know that Yibo actually had intended for that to happen.

When Yibo was sending Zhan back home on that time, Zhan had said, "We are both adults now. You don't have to worry about anything." He was saying that with such nonchalance but it somehow elicited some sense of discomfort within Yibo. It felt like he was the one being taken advantage of at that time.

Since you're not so concerned with that, let's see how long can you hold up that attitude.

The two children seemed to be deliberately taking their sweet time with finishing their meals. Ever since Zhan came visiting, it was nearly two hours but they still weren't able to finish their meals.