Chapter 27. I Saw My Mom

Three years later.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was a sunny day. The air was filled with the scent of fresh grass, white smoke spiraling from the chimneys of red-walled houses. A black limousine came slowly from the distance, followed by a line of motorcars, two four-wheel motorcycles at the front, and parked at the river bank.

Yibo sat in the car, and beside him was an adorable child with short hair, dark eyes, fair skin, and naturally upturned eye corners, and he was simply the spitting image of Yibo.

Zhan drove past the river and opened the window for fresh air, and glanced at the impressive limousines parked in a row on the river side. It was the first time for him to see this scene in this small village.

He subconsciously glanced over to the half-opened window of the black Bentley, and a man in a suit was saying something into the intercom. His gaze fixed on the road ahead and did not turn his head to look at Zhan.

This man was not Yibo.

The local villagers quickly greeted the caravan when they saw it, and a glimmer of gloom flashed under Zhan's eyes as he turned the steering wheel and accelerated forward.

In the black limousine behind the Bentley, the rear window slowly opened. Yibo sat by the window, his eyes were harsh and gloomy, and the ipad screen in his hand repeatedly played the pictures of Zhan from three years ago. Zhan always appeared without makeup, his small face was clean and beautiful, which showed a special charm, and his belly was swollen but his body was slender. Whenever Yibo saw him, he always looked like a tamed animal.

The moment he raised his eyes, Zhan accelerated forward with his hand on the steering wheel, the wind stopped abruptly, as he drove past the black limousine, and his eyes was bleak.

...

A noise burst out, and the villagers suddenly greeted them, surrounded Yibo and the limousine. The chief and other village leaders squeezed out from the crowd, rubbing their hands and bending down to smile at him, "Mr. Wang, welcome!"

"Lead the way!"

Yibo spoke in a gloomy, cold voice, which included a chilling hostility.

"Yes."

The clerk did not dare to retort, and hastily led the way in front, Yibo stood out from the car, the bodyguard in the Bentley hurriedly got out and carried the Ayuan off together, a dozen black-clad bodyguards went out from the other cars, holding guns and stood at the side of Yibo and Ayuan respectively.

It immediately scared the villagers who were chattering and arguing because of curiosity into silence.

They had just entered the market, and the villagers in the market were frightened, as they had never seen such a large crowd with real guns. The chief lead Yibo through stores and districts, but Yibo remained expressionless and cool, calculating the potential plans one by one in his mind.

...

Zhan stopped his car and entered the market, as he was caught by the sound of people at the other end of the market. He stopped and stood on tiptoe to look out a few times, but he still didn't see a familiar figure in the crowd. Zhan let out a self-deprecating sigh.

Even if famous company was doing a market tour for a countryside project, these who could afford a limited edition of Bentley was not necessarily Yibo. His heart inexplicably touched when he saw that same car in his memory by the river.

Three years, after three whole years, he still couldn't forget him.

Zhan turned around, and couldn't hide the disappointment and despondency on his face.