Chapter 38. Curious.

The next morning, Zhan received a text from Yibo on his way to work.

"I've sent Ayuan and A-yue to school. Don't worry."

Zhan toughly typed out a 'thanks' as he was squeezed in the subway. The corner of his lips slowly tipped into a smile that he didn't even realize.

==================================

Cheng stayed at Zhan's house after returning from his business trip. Yibo didn't even bother to evade him and often came for dinner.

On the very first day, Cheng asked so many questions about his family backgrounds. Zhan felt awkward listening to their conversation in the kitchen to the point where he wanted to come out of the kitchen and knocked Cheng head off with a spoon so that he could shut up.

During the night, Zhan closed the door of A-yue's bedroom.

Cheng was taking a rest on the sofa while playing with his cell phone. When he saw Zhan.

Cheng was about to ask something when Zhan's phone rang. Zhan took a glance at directly screen display and hung up. 

"Why aren't you picking up?"

"It's not important."

After saying this, Zhan went to the kitchen to drink water.

The phone on the table lit up again as a text notification popped out.

Cheng got up from the sofa and he could see a part of the message content.

["The engagement party will be held this Saturday. Don't forget, Zhan...."]

There was engagement of Art-Director of Designer company. Zhan was hardworking and this impressed the art-director, who always praised Zhan for his work.

His successes, however, had aroused the envy and suspicion of colleagues. They want to humiliate Zhan in front of everyone in the party.

Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn't change the heart of others-- it only changes yours.

Zhan walked out from the kitchen. When he noticed Cheng was still sitting on the sofa.

"Come here, sit down."

"What do you want?" Zhan laughed at his serious look,"Don't try to pull a prank on me in the middle of the night."

"What's this?"

Cheng pulled out a red invitation card from behind and placed it on the coffee table.

The invitation card was unsightly bright that it made Zhan frown, "How did you find this out?"

"I was looking for a magazine, but I found this instead." Cheng said "The question is, what are you planning to do?"

"I'm not planning to attend." Zhan expressed his attitude clearly.

"Why?" Cheng got up from the sofa, "I know, you still can't move on from Yibo. This is a great opportunity, proof it. I would make you a customised evening suit myself and make sure you looked extremely captivating. Besides, I've already promised on your behalf."

Cheng blinked his eyes as he was feeling self-righteous.

"What did you promise?" Zhan's face became stiff. He saw his phone on the table and quickly turned it on to have a look. 

Colleague's text was followed by a reply, ["Oh, you're the one who called me? I thought it was an insurance agent though, since you called every day. I've received the invitation, of course I would go. I'll be there on time."]