Chapter 28. Flashback

"Mom."

Zhan's fingertips trembled hard when he touched his hand, and the shopping bag in his hand almost fell onto the ground.

Zhan raised his head, and his almond-shaped eyes meeting his dark ones firmly, which radiated a slight glow because of certainty. He looked deeply into Zhan eyes, as if he would look into his soul just like this.

Zhan's hand trembled harder, as he found the shape of his eyebrows, the slightly upturned corner of the eyes, the stubbornness that loved to choose black under any circumstances, resembled another person.

His heart suddenly beat fast.

His eyes were wet immediately, and Zhan stood up, and covered his mouth as he tried desperately to suppress himself from crying out loud.

It was really him. It was his son. What about that guy? 

Was he here too?

I was jammed in the crowd when I entered the market just now, and that was why I didn't see him?

He finally found me, right?

"No, I'm not your mom."

Zhan ruthlessly pushed away his small hand with force and turned around to run. 

But Ayuan hurriedly chased after him, the childish voice kept shouting anxiously behind him, "Mom, mom...

Zhan's heart ached as he walked faster and faster. Ayuan ran after him, his feet suddenly tripped over a rock and his forehead fell onto the ground.

He cried out loud immediately.

Hearing his cries, Zhan finally turned around with a heartache. As soon as he saw the blood seeping out of his forehead, he didn't even think about anything and rushed up to hold him in his arms and checked his injuries.

Ayuan was held in Zhan's arms. He suddenly stretched his hands to hug Zhan, and his sobbing gradually stopped. 

His voice was shaking, his small hands tightly wrapped around Zhan shoulders, "Mom, don't leave..."

Zhan heart was painful as if a piece had been ripped out by someone.

Zhan hugged Ayuan tightly, and tears fell down at once.

"Ayuan."

Zanjin dispatched most of the bodyguards he brought with him to look for the missing Ayuan in the market, and as soon as he saw his figure, he rushed up to him. When he saw Zhan, who was holding Ayuan, his mouth opened wide in dismay.

"Mr....Zhan?" He was not mistaken, was he?

Zhan fiercely wiped his tears and let go of Ayuan. He stood up from the ground, looked at Zanjin in shock, and subconsciously looked behind him. There were bodyguards in black suits who are searching in the market, but he did not see Yibo.

"Mr Zhan."

Zanjin walked over, his voice revealed a hint of incredulity, "You're really here, the young master said he saw you just now, and Mr Yibo and I searched around but couldn't find you. I didn't expect that the young master finally found you."

Zhan looked at Ayuan in surprise. Ayuan raised his little head with a proud smile and said, "I was sure of it when I saw mommy for the first time. You look exactly the same as in those pictures that daddy looks at every day."

Zhan abruptly pulled Ayuan to Zanjin's side, took out a handkerchief to wipe the blood stain on his forehead, and said to him in a trembling voice, "Baby, be a good boy, and go back with Uncle Zanjin. Keep the matter of seeing me today a secret from dad for mommy, okay?"