Chapter 43. Aren't You Fierce

The next morning, Yibo woke up and noticed fragrance of buns. From the first floor, he saw that both children were up and sitting around the dining table to eat. Moreover, a try of buns was stimming hot, giving out a strong smell of fragrance.

"Dad, You're awake, come down and have breakfast." A-yue said.

Zhan came out from the kitchen, still carrying a pot of congee in his hand.

Yibo nodded, warmth melted his icy cold expressions as he turned around.

"Mr Zhan, I'll do it. You can just sit down." When servant saw that Zhan was about to distribute the congee, she quickly approached him to help. She gave Zhan and the two kids each a bowl of congee, and then carefully brought the fourth bowl to Yibo.

"Young master, you can drink the congee now."

Yibo took a glance at it and asked, "Where are the chopsticks?"

Zhan and the two kids were using spoon to drink the congee. They also used their hands to eat the buns, so they were not so particular about using chopstick. Hence, there was no sign of chopsticks on the table.

However, Yibo's question startled servant. Her hands shook and she spilled the hot congee in the bowl.

Yibo's face darkened instantly. A sound of the chair rubbed against the floor was heard. He frowned and looked at the congee on his pants, "What's wrong with you?"

Servant was so scared that her legs went weak and she fell to her knees, her eyes turned red instantly, "Young master, I didn't mean to do so."

Seeing this, Zhan was also shocked and came over to check on him.

"Are you alright? Did it burn you?"

Yibo frowned, a displeasure look appeared on his face. This mess actually made him feel embarrassed when Zhan was around.

"I guess you're alright." Zhan looked at the frightened servant and frowned, "I think you are being too fierce to the maid. She's still a little girl, you're scaring her!"

Hearing this, Yibo narrowed his eyes and asked, "I'm fierce?"

He only asked a question of "What's wrong with you?", and that was considered as him being fierce?

"Aren't you fierce? You made servant so frightened."

Zhan held maid and suddenly came back to his senses, realizing that he made a mistake and tried to amend his statement, "No, I didn't mean to say you are fierce. I just want to say that, after all, she is only nineteen years old. Moreover, I heard that she only came here to work a month ago, so you should treat her better."

Okay, all this explanation wasn't helping at all. He was still a fierce guy.

"Forget it," Yibo was a little impatient and waved his hand to let maid go, then he strode upstairs.

The two little ones looked at each other in front of the table. A-yue understood the situation and said with a worried face, "Dad seems to have been burned. I'll go check on him."

Zhan immediately turned and looked at her, "What's the use for you to go and check on him? You don't know how to treat scald wounds. Don't make trouble, sit down and eat properly. I'll go take a look."

With that, he wiped his hands. Before going upstairs, Zhan asked the servant for burn ointment. He knocked on the door of the cloakroom.

"Come in."

Yibo had already changed his clothes, and the pajamas that he wore earlier was messily thrown on the ground.

"Are your legs fine? I brought you a burn ointment." Zhan asked while standing at the door.