The Search

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design), Cryptsin, and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.

"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 38: The Search

May 9th, 2012

"Where is Valentina!!" I snarled in the face of a female Cryal. The female had entered the vicinity of a fellow Cryptsin here in Texas. It had now been five years since I had returned to Earth, determined to find and release Valentina from her father's enslavement. Two other Cryptsin stood at my sides, a male and a female. The female had grown to become a friend of mine, and the male was her partner. We now have the Cryal forced against a wall, held by a thick patch of violet energy to keep her from changing. An abandoned, collapsing shack seemed suitable enough for an interrogation. News had reached me which informed me that Valentina had been relocated to a different facility, no longer residing in Illinois.

The Cryal let out a laugh, eyeing my violet hair, the hair now growing in such a color, "Anime does not suit you, "princess"."

Having learned that the previous leader of our species that had lived well over three centuries ago had adapted to the same unnatural hair color, the insult leaves me unphased. Also as a result of my transformation, my height had grown by six inches, currently standing at a height of 5'6. Assuming the Cryal won't speak willingly, I lift a hand toward it, slowly forming a fist. As my fingers close, the fog slowly begins to seep into the pores of her skin painlessly. The fog slowly travels deeper, sinking into her veins, muscles and organs.

Feeling the odd sensations throughout her body, the Cryal quietly gasps, making a face of discomfort, "...What are you doing...?"

Shifting my gaze from her body onto her eyes, I glare at her, "Hijacking your nervous system. Failure to cooperate has its own punishments, as you must be well aware of." The fog infiltrates the entirety of her being, yet a certain detail about her raises a flag to me. My plan to burn her from the inside out using my fog may no longer be ethical.

Her panic in regards to my words becomes evident, having to do with this little detail I have discovered about her. A grin began to spread across my lips, "Oh...my, my. It is only the size of a jellybean..." My voice taunted her.

Her ocean blue eyes began to flood with tears, "...You wouldn't dare harm an innocent unborn child..."

Her words awakened a rage from deep inside of me, all I could do was laugh in an attempt to remain strong, "Oh? But, surely your kind would. Your kind would bury a blade straight into my uterus, cutting that precious little jellybean in half. But no, your kind wouldn't stop there. Your kind would call for mutilation, until that little innocent life looked no different than the butchered flesh it was mixed within." Only now do I notice, my fog had been gripping onto her embryo, not enough to have caused harm though.

A shaky breath escaped from her lips, fearing for more than her life, "...I-I'm sorry that happened to you, but I had nothing to do-!"

"Just tell me where Valentina is!!!" My voice drowned out hers, not wanting to kill her now that my fog had discovered her pregnancy.

"California!! That is all I know!!" Her panic grows, feeling a mild burning sensation from within her body, due to my anger.

Her eyes inform me that she is telling the truth, yet I continue to stare. My mind battles against my morals, my past continuing to haunt me.