Eternal

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design), Cryptsin, and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 44: Eternal

While Axel spent his time away from me, I put my time toward contacting the owner of the cabin. Despite having paid for a week's stay, the days now had to be cut short. I let the man keep the extra payment, regardless. By tomorrow morning, we will no longer reside here.

I still plan to return home as soon as possible, and get Makenzie where she needs to go before then.

Ending the call with the home's owner, my senses tell me Axel is not far from here. Feeling the urge to be closer to him, I make Makenzie aware of my departure before doing so.

Getting dressed, I put on all black before leaving. Flying through the air, the humidity following the previous storm keeps things damp. Picking up Amon's presence with Axel's, I assume Axel met up with him to get caught up on the events he had missed.

The old mansion comes into view, surprising me with the realization it had never gotten demolished during the last 23 years. Vines and heavy, overgrown vegetation have now taken over the outside of it, covering the outer walls to have caused crumbling and a number of the walls to collapse. Landing near the front door of it, my hand touches the door handle to discover the door had been jammed due to the mansion's unstable architecture. The doorway had dropped down onto the top of the door, along with the wall above it, the door keeping the wall's structure standing. Letting go of the door, I laugh at myself nervously, realizing I could have caused the wall to collapse if I had pulled hard enough.

Looking around, I begin walking around the building, finding an open gap on the side of it. Stepping into the exposed room within, much of the old belongings had become worn down due being exposed to the elements outside the gaping hole in the wall for so long.

Walking through the room, I step through the doorway and enter a hallway. The hallway soon leads me to the main entryway of the mansion, sparking a few memories I had long forgotten about. Memories of being perched on Amon's shoulder as a crow while he made his way down into the basement with me. Memories of being carried out in Axel's arms hours later. With those memories in mind, the advanced levels of structural failure all around become more clear to me.

This place is barely hanging onto itself anymore. Give it another year or two, and these walls are guaranteed to collapse in on themselves. This place is beyond unstable...

Following my memories, I soon find myself at the hidden basement door. Moving my hand, the deadbolted lock comes open. Pulling on the door, I become relieved to feel this door remains sturdy.

Immediately, the heavy scent of testosterone hits me from beyond the door, causing my senses to become excited. Walking into the basement, the door closes and locks itself behind me. Descending the stairs, my eyes travel along the walls and ceiling all around, noticing the lack of structural damage the basement has in comparison to the mansion above.

Axel and Amon's inhuman voices reach my ears from further in, Axel goes silent upon catching scent of me. Coming into view of the basement's living area, I spot Axel leaning back against a pillar directly across from Amon who is seated comfortably on the old, yet frequently used leather couch.

Both of them have their eyes locked onto me, and from the vibe Axel is giving off, he has calmed down and pushed aside our previous discussion.

Amon smirks at me, "There she is. You didn't cause the mansion to collapse the rest of the way, did you?" He teased.