Somber

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design) and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 19: Somber

Opening my eyes, I feel as though I have been stripped of all my energy.

Surrounded by the all too familiar four walls I had spent twenty years locked away within, I find myself sinking back into the dark pit within my mind.

My body battered and bruised, starved and brittle, cowering into a corner is my only refuge.

"Don't think for a moment that you have achieved freedom, princess. Those wretched Galileus will not be able to protect you from me." The voice of my previous captor, Alexander, erupts through the emptiness of my cell.

Trembling from the sound of his powerful voice, my mentality begins to shut down out of pure fear and panic.

From the darkness across from me, two giant glowing, red reptilian eyes appear. The eyes lock onto me before a blinding burst of hellfire consumes me from the gaping mouth of the giant Cryal within the darkness.

Feeling the agonizing pain from the creature's breath, I scream out at the top of my lungs as my skin is felt boiling off my bones.

.

Jolting awake suddenly, I sit up in a flash, attempting to catch my breath while hyperventilating. Covered in sweat, I sit upon an old, tattered bed completely nude.

Thankful that I hadn't woke up screaming, I slowly place my sweaty hands down upon the bare mattress below me. Closing my eyes, I slowly attempt to catch my breath.

A sudden knock is heard from the door before Amon's soothing, yet concerned voice is heard through the aged wooden door, "Are you doing okay, Vivica?"

Feeling touched by his concern, I cross my legs and begin to relax, "...Yes, just another nightmare, is all..."

Amon remains silent for a moment before responding, "Perhaps sleeping should be attempted later, when Axel has come to retrieve you."

Listening to his words, I slowly nod to myself, "..Okay, yeah...that sounds like a good idea..."

"Let me know if you need anything until then. Try to take it easy." He insists before walking away from the door.

Sitting alone, I run my fingers through my hair in an attempt to chill out. It has been approximately an hour and a half since Amon had left me alone in this spare room, this is the second time since then that I had awoken from nightmares.

Axel has yet to visit, or even speak to me. Not that I'm angry, it just worries me. The hundreds of different ideas have ran through my head about what he could be doing.

He could be struggling to kill them, which is doubtful. He could have ran into a Cryal, a female Galileus, hunters, anything.

The two humans seemed to be completely unaware of any red flags that could have pointed toward him being inhuman. Them being involved with hunters is completely out of the question as well, they are completely innocent about the entire thing.

Using my fingers to toy around with the gem attached to my necklace, I worry deeply about him.

Lying back down, I try to relax further. Bleeding freely, I try my best to ignore the accumulation of blood growing from between my legs.