Bound By Blood

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design), Cryptsin and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

I have decided to continue on with this book rather than making a second one right away! Thank you for all your responses.

Chapter 31: Bound By Blood

"Vivica, I'm not going to tell you again!" Celest objects to my current choices, being half serious while expressing her amusement.

"Shut up, Celest. I'm only going outside..." Inching my way out of the room, I hold onto the wall closest to me for support. For the past hour, I've been trying my best to distract myself from the pain in my heart.

My unborn baby is gone. Taken away from me by such a horrible chain of events, it pains me so deeply just thinking about it.

Slipping out of the bedroom, my hands slide themselves along the wall of a hallway just beyond it.

"Stop watching me struggle, and help me..." My progress continues slowly, trying my best to not cause too much pain to myself.

Celest walks over to me, had just previously been watching me from the bedroom, "You need to stay in the bed. It's bad for your stitches, blah blah blah." She expresses her lack of care for the information while also expressing her true concern for me.

"Well, the quicker we get this over with, the sooner I'll be back in bed." I attempt to persuade her, having a craving for something raw rather than cooked.

"I am not your mate, I'm not going to hunt for you." She teases, grabbing onto my arm to pull it over her shoulder, assisting me.

She carries me outside, making our way out the front door.

"Then tell Axel I'm hungry." My patience begins to wear thin, slowly sitting down upon a white chair on the porch with her help.

Celest groans, standing before me, "But that involves effort..."

My brown eyes glare at her, the cool night wind breezes past us while the trees rustle nearby.

She folds her arms, her reddish purple eyes glow softly down at me, "Fine. But if he doesn't listen to me, it's his fault, not mine. I'm not leaving you here alone to go and find you food. Shouldn't you be hiding your scent anyway? This wind is going to carry it pretty far, fast."

Wearing mostly bandages, a grey dress covers the main majority of my skin, "I don't think I'll be much of a target right now. I'm not in estrus, and I guarantee nothing would be interested in me." I finish, deciding to smell my arm, checking to see whether I smell like a Cryptsin or human.

Sure enough, I smell like a mortal.

"I smell like a human anyway. What kind of immortal would be interested in following the scent of a human?" I ask her rhetorically, realizing my mistake too late.

Celest bellows in laughter, "His name starts with an 'A' and ends with an 'L', forgetting about your monster already?" She spoke with words filled with laughter.

"Besides him, obviously!!" My voice rises, embarrassed at my mistake while becoming annoyed at her words.

"I'm sure he would enjoy you smelling like a human; you would smell like food to him! What if he loses his mind because of your scent and ends up having to eat you like he does with regular humans?" She laughs.