Test

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design) and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 17: Test

Once I had gotten enough entertainment from the police scanner, I turned it off and turned the radio back on.

'Down.' Axel demands, wanting me to turn the volume down on my music that keeps cutting out as we proceed down the highway.

Turning it down more, the staticky country music fades in and out of signal, making me groan in annoyance.

"Why does the police radio have a perfect signal while the actual radio is shit?" I complain, smacking my hand on the dashboard.

Axel allows me to complain, mostly ignoring my words as he focuses on his senses, specifically his sense of smell.

The vents of the truck remain wide open, allowing the air beyond the truck to flow into it, both windows cracked an inch as well.

Having already began to sweat again from the morning heat accumulating within the metal truck, Axel continues to be completely comfortable with the temperature.

I sit and listen to the choppy signal of a radio station host speak about an incident near Miami involving a crocodile and a cat. Apparently the cat smacked the angry crocodile on the nose so much it ran away back into the swamp.

The story makes me laugh, flapping my right wing slowly to fan my sweaty, sticky body. An hour had passed since the last body pick-up, four bodies are currently in the truck now.

Axel drives off the road again, parking the truck at the side of the road. Once the truck is in park, he looks over at me.

Looking up at him, I become worried, "...What? Is the radio annoying you...? I can turn it off."

He reaches over and turns the radio off himself rather than having me do it, 'You will learn to hunt. This will be your first test.'

Listening to his words, I become excited, yet nervous.

Axel continues, 'A specific scent has led us here. You are to find that specific human and bring it to me.'

Quickly growing worried, I begin to stress, "...How will I know which person it is...? I don't share your sense of smell..."

Axel smirks at me, 'I am aware. That is for you to figure out on your own.'

Worrying, I speak up again, "...What if I accidentally bring you the wrong human...?"

His smirk slowly disappears, 'Hope you don't bring me the wrong one.'

Hearing his tone darken, my eyes widen and I grow fearful, "...O-Okay...dead or alive...?"

'Alive.' He responds, observing as I slowly open the passenger door.

"...Okay. I will do my best." Slowly I climb out of the large truck, placing my shoes down onto the dry grass before shoving the door shut.

Looking around at the trees, I absorb my wings and change my eye color to brown, making sure I look as human as possible.

Using my senses, I realize we are parked near a small house, my senses picking up three residents within it.

Having yet to move, I think up a way to get one of them to the truck. Likely he needs the person coherent, and not passed out so fear can be produced.