East 9

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design), Cryptsin, and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 32: East 9

The sound of various insects accompanied the fading beams of sunlight leaking through every hole that pertained to the rotting room around me.

Lying upon the same tattered, dusty remains of a bed as the night before, bruises of all colors and sizes, along with many claw marks decorate my pale, fair skin.

Lying on my side, my hands remain clutched onto a dusty sheet, my arms tight around it while the fabric rests against my chest.

The previous night ended following an intense, much-needed bonding session between Axel and I. The time spent together lingered until the brink of dawn, where I could no longer keep myself awake with him.

Beginning to awaken, my eyes gently flutter open, quickly realizing that Axel is no longer here with me.

Groaning quietly, I move my hands beneath me to push myself off the bed. Each and every bruise on my arms and torso shoots aching pains through my body, bringing back memories of how they were created.

Taking in the sight of the destroyed room around me, I push myself to rise off of the bed. Standing, I keep a hold of the bed.

It is time to leave this house, Axel's scent has faded. Hours have passed since he was here last, I slept too long...

Sprouting my wings from my back, they both remain powerful despite my weakened body. Moving my hand away from the bed, a familiar flow of power returns to me.

Gasping, my irises suddenly burst into a vibrant, glowing violet. Violet fog begins to drift through the cracks and gaping crevices in the walls, flowing straight into my body.

Just as the flow of energy appeared, it disappeared inside of me. A large chunk of energy had been lent to me...from who or what, I am not sure.

Glancing all around for a sign of who or what endowed this wonderful foundation of power unto me, I rush toward the large gaping hole in the wall.

"Who is there?! Celest?! Wh-!" A harsh pain erupts from my foot as something extremely pointy stabs into my flesh, causing me to cry out and fall onto my backside in pain.

Holding my foot, I take in the damage to my skin. Surprisingly, my skin was not penetrated but is now rapidly bruising.

"Uggh! Oww!" I whimper out, my eyes locking onto what I had knocked into.

Within the middle of the room, a small cube bearing gold markings resides. The same cube that had been given to me by my father. Quickly my heart drops, trying to recall where I had left it last.

My house. I left it at my house...I forgot all about this thing! What is it doing here? How did it get here? Shouldn't it have gotten destroyed in the fire? There is only one way it could have gotten here...

"Celest! I know you are here!" Slowly I place my fingers on the box, the cold metal chilling my fingers as I pick it up, standing back up with it.

Focusing my attention beyond the collapsing wall before me, a field of trees block my vision beyond the rotting house's property.

Looking all around the property from what I can see, there is no sign of my sister anywhere. I cannot feel her presence with my senses either.

She is not here. She was not here.