Darkness

I do not own anything but my characters.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 3: Darkness

Night has just fallen, prompting the nightly lockup for the horses.

"Now, Vivica. I want to show you those weapons I told you about last night." John led me to the back of the barn, surprising me with a secret storage area. Within the storage area reveals three unique daggers, all tipped with what could be Obsidian. The handles made of silver.

"Obsidian, like I told you before, kills you and is also the weakness of the Shadow Reapers and Cryal. Stabbing one of these daggers through the heart would be enough to kill them." He educates me, picking up one of the daggers before handing it to me.

Taking hold of the dagger, I look over the shiny, beautiful black, deadly mineral it is tipped with.

"I want you to have that. A Cryptsin always needs a weapon, especially in dangerous times like these." He explains, crossing his arms with pride.

Looking up at him, I hesitate, "...I can't just take this from you, you are only human...you need this more than I do."

He chuckles, "I have two left, and in reality, you need that weapon more than my family does. Long after we are gone, you will still be alive. I'd die happy knowing that you were still alive and well as a result of that weapon. You won't age a day by the time I am on my deathbed, that is why it is more important for you to have it." He explains.

Listening to his words, I am unable to respond for a moment, completely filled with happiness, "..Thank you so much, john." I smile at him. Despite being here for nearly four days, nothing John was able to do was enough to release this collar from my neck.

"Not a problem, darling. Now go on inside, and be careful with that, now. Maybe tomorrow we will have more luck with that device around your neck." He tells me, sending me off back to the house while he finishes up closing the barn down.

Halfway to the house, a chill runs down my spine, making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Stopping the moment I feel the chill, my eyes take in my surroundings, my senses being thrown off by an odd feeling buried in the pit of my stomach.

Standing there for a few moments, I make sure to double check my surroundings before brushing it off and heading back inside.

Heading to the bedroom, I say goodnight to Margaret and Juliana before closing myself away in the room.

Looking at the dagger closer, I can't help but smile, feeling much safer with it near me. Placing it down on the nightstand, I turn out the lights and lie down upon the bed.

Having gained back a small portion of my weight, I feel more comfortable, able to hold in more body heat. Covering up, I close my eyes and soak in the sense of happiness and comfort both this house and caring family bring me.

.

The sound of what must be hundreds of chains clanging together fill my ears, immediately my eyes open to realize I am sitting up against a wall. The room I am in is completely pitch black, aside from the dim lighting centered on me, seeming to come from nowhere. The further away from me that I look, the more intense the darkness is, leaving me only to see five feet from me. Dangling from the ceiling all over are links of large chains made from some kind of dark mineral, all the chains are tipped with hooks carrying large pieces of human flesh seemingly torn from someone at random.