Corruption

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design), Cryptsin, and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Sorry about this chapter being shorter than usual! I'm trying to squeeze out as much development as I can for you guys, but the urge to skip time so Axel can awaken again is killing me haha. So my writer's block came back for this chapter.

Chapter 40: Corruption

Once we had gotten out to a safer area, I parked the car before switching spots with Amon. Amon had agreed to drive the rest of the night, allowing me to rest and regain my energy.

Refastening my seatbelt, I pull my seat closer to the dash and lean my seat back as far as it will allow with the back seats down. Capable of laying back now, I let out a long moan in exaggeration, smirking at Amon afterward.

His eyes on me, he lets out a quiet laugh before shifting the car into drive, "Is that what I get?"

"Do you even remember how to drive?" Continuing to tease him, he becomes nervous. Suddenly, he grins.

"Gas!" My head suddenly slams back against the lounged headrest, making me cry out.

"Breaks!" His foot slams on the breaks, making me nearly slip out of my seatbelt and onto the flooring.

"Amon!! Valentina-!" Despite trying to remind him, he floors the gas, "Right!" We fly around a right turn, making me scream out at the top of my lungs in a panic, a soundproof, protective bubble around Valentina now.

The tires leave the ground for a moment as we fly over a depression in the road, I continue to scream out.

"Left!" We fly around a left turn, Amon's control over the car beyond what I expected. The car does a donut upon the dusty, gravel road before suddenly coming to a stop.

No longer screaming, my claws out with my fingers gripping onto the center console and my door, my hair is a complete winded mess while hyperventilating.

Slowly my eyes look over at Amon, who is grinning over at me, knowing he has impressed me.

"Well?" He chuckles, tapping his clawed fingers along the leather steering wheel.

A moment of silence passes, until I respond windedly, "...You forgot your turn signals..."

His grin fades, instead one grows upon my lips. "Turn signals..." He reiterates in disbelief, knowing that I am only being a pain on purpose.

"And reckless driving." Winking at him, I lie down and get comfortable while facing him.

He rolls his eyes at me, "Please. Tell me you were this critical with Axel too." He began driving, smirking at the thought of me bossing his brother around.

"No, actually. Your brother, from what I can remember, was rough with his driving. But I never had the guts to actually tell him that. Not that I really care, in all honesty." Focusing on the dim glow of the headlights and the car's screen upon Amon's face in the darkness, at this point in time, I have come to realize I had forgotten what Axel's looked like.

Amon begins to sense the sinking emotions coming from me, peering over at me just briefly before moving his free right hand to my hair, softly stroking it tenderly, "I am sorry. Bringing up my brother can still be a heavy subject for you, I should have known that."