Aftermath

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design) and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 21: Aftermath

After getting my shower, I head out again, this time in search of food.

The worker allowed me to shower for free as compensation due to witnessing that man's death. The rest of the time I was around the employee, he gave off so much fear, knowing I had something to do with the man's death. I couldn't care less, and escaped from the place before police had a chance to interview me.

Flying back toward the factory in search of a place to try some human food at, I keep the money tucked away in my left pocket.

My wings carry me through the gentle breeze of air, allowing me to soar high in the sky to look down at the darkness below.

I've been flying calmly through the air for roughly ten minutes so far, and have come back across the main highway familiar to me.

An oddly familiar scent reaches my nose, making me slow down for a moment to recognize it.

...Axel...

I can smell his blood somewhere...

My attention shifts entirely onto the scent of my mate's blood, able to continue flying along at a quickened pace to follow it.

By the time I find the source of Axel's scent, he is nowhere to be seen from the sky.

The scent had led me to a portion of the road right outside of a house, I quickly landed upon the asphalt before the source.

The road is covered in thick, sangria colored blood. The large smears and random accumulations of blood all over make it clear that Axel had been run over by a vehicle of some kind...multiple times.

Yet he is nowhere to be seen.

Looking around, I spot dribbles of blood trailing off the road a little ways until the blood stops completely, telling me he had gotten up and taken flight.

Completely blown away at how Axel was able to just get up and fly off, I now realize he had been toying with the humans a little too much and made a miscalculation.

He is off somewhere, injured and still chasing after those humans who have now caused him pain and very severe injuries.

Taking off into the sky with one heavy flap of my wings, I follow my nose further, flying around the area until I am able to pick up his scent again.

Quite a ways from the road, I make my way to what looks to be a police station.

Flying in place near the tree tops, I look over my surroundings and suddenly notice Axel's truck parked near the back of the station.

"Axel...?" I mumble out of worry, flying quickly toward the truck to land beside it.

Quickly I sprint toward the driver's door, climbing up onto the step to yank the door open, expecting to find him inside of it.

Rather than finding Axel inside the truck, it is entirely empty aside from a small number of wrapped up bodies. Axel's blood is also smeared all over the driver's side, his blood still very fresh.

Climbing down from the truck, I force the door closed before looking at the building, noticing an entryway leading into the building.

That door must have been how he got inside...