Hunt

I do not own anything except for my characters (Vivica, Amon, Axel, etc), the Galileus (but sadly I do not own the creature design) and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 16: Hunt

Once we had returned to the church, Axel helped me down the pipe.

Walking to my bed spot, Axel walks over to his work table.

Sitting down upon my soft blanket, I watch Axel place his weapons on the table. He removes his hat to place it on the table as well, sensing my eyes on him he shifts his gaze onto me.

Thinking about everything we have done together so far, the first time we had been so close to one another, the first time he brought me here, the times he would hold me, speak to me and try to make me comfortable with him.

My heart flutters while recalling those memories, feeling my mind and body fill once again with a sense of something unfamiliar...an emotion I have forgotten many years ago.

...Love.

Finally recognizing the forgotten emotion, I have no recollection of the last time this emotion had ever come to me.

Axel grows confused from my staring. He walks away from his table to approach me, his movement snapping me out of my thoughts.

Watching Axel kneel down in front of me, he begins to take in the scent from my neck, sensing my body temperature rising.

Axel's head moves down my body to take in more of my scent, growling at my clothing as it covers a majority of my scent.

Rather than going with his first instinct to rip the clothing from my skin, he respects my favor of having clothes to wear and instead moves back up to the exposed skin at my neck.

Looking over his shoulder as he takes in my scent, my body continues to heat up, my cheeks flush with color.

"...Axel?" I speak up as he takes in my scent, he doesn't pause at all, but I know he heard me.

Suddenly he pushes me down on my back, making me gasp in surprise as he climbs on top of me. He begins purring deeply, continuing to take in the addictive scent from my skin.

Moving my hands to his chest, I let out a moan as his tongue is felt slowly slithering along my neck.

"...A-Axel...I have something to say..." This grabs his attention, he sits up on his arms to look down at me.

Looking up into his blue eyes, I begin to realize something odd about them. It looks as though there is a very faint, barely visible haze over them.

Pushing that aside, I assume it is something normal that I had never noticed until now.

"...I...love you..." The words slip from my lips quietly, yet he heard them clear as day.

He stares down at me, his eyes seeming emotionless, his reaction completely hidden from my trained ability to read eyes.

My heart jumps into my throat, beginning to panic, not knowing whether or not he is able to feel those kinds of emotions.

Is he mad...?

Will he make me leave...?

Did I disappoint him...?

...Will he hurt me...?

Staring at one another motionless for what seems like forever, Axel finally moves.

He pulls back from me to rise back onto his feet, allowing me to sit up onto my arms.