Confliction

I do not own anything but my characters. I do own Vivica, the Cryptsin, and Cryal.

Quotes and meanings below.
"Speaking aloud"
'Speaking telepathically'
Subconscious thoughts, deep in the mind and cannot be heard by others at all.

Chapter 5: Confliction

The creature and I remain silent, the soft breeze flowing through the trees around the house.

Not looking at him, I begin to think of a name for him, rather than calling him a creature or man.

Figuring I might as well ask his name, I look to him, "...Will you tell me your name at least? Do you have one?" My interest in him rises once his eyes lock onto mine rather than our surroundings.

He suddenly rises onto his feet atop the roof. Spreading his webbed wings, he is lifted into the air with a single powerful flap, flying off in what seems to be a random direction.

Curious, I rise onto my feet to fly after him, struggling to keep up with his incredibly swift flight.

He ignores me, continuing to fly through the night sky with me behind him a good distance away.

Within minutes, our flight brings us to a beautiful structure alongside a desolate highway. Surprisingly, the creature dives downward toward it, I follow his actions.

He lands before a large metal pipe protruding from the ground, large enough to be climbed down into.

Landing beside the structure next to the pipe, I look up at it, realizing it is an old, abandoned church. The windows are all boarded up, the building itself looks as though it may collapse at any time. The boarded windows, roof, and the trees are completely infested with crows. Currently the beautiful birds are sleeping, seeming used to the presence of a humanoid creature being here, as they are unafraid of me.

Hearing a sound, my head darts in the direction of origin, watching the creature disappear down into the pipe.

I begin to realize, from the creature's sense of comfort and familiarity, that this place is its lair.

Curiously, I slowly stride toward the pipe, walking in front of it to hold onto the cold metal rim, looking down into it.

From what my night vision can see, the pipe goes down quite far, a drop follows at the end of the pipe. The floor beyond the pipe looks to be covered in sand and debris, below the sand looks to be cement.

The overwhelming scent of death wreaks from the pipe, telling me there are bodies within the basement structure below. A lot of them.

Not knowing if I am allowed in the creature's personal space, I let go of the chilly metal pipe to walk away from it.

Suddenly the creature flies out from the pipe, landing on his feet before it. He walks over to me, a knife of some kind in his hand.

My eyes widen while my fear rises, not knowing if I pissed him off or not. Backing away from him, I tremble, "...I-If I'm not welcome here...I'll leave...I was just following you...I'm sorry!"

He grabs onto my shoulder before spinning me around roughly, my back to him. Terrified, I prepare myself to use my abilities if I feel any pain at all. Closing my eyes tight, I hold my breath.

Instead of pain, my neck suddenly feels lighter. Opening my eyes slowly, I move a hand to my neck, realizing my collar had been removed.

Hearing a harsh crushing sound, I turn around quickly to see the creature destroying the collar with his hands, crushing it into millions of pieces before scattering the pieces onto the ground carelessly.