On edge

I stare at Sophie as she lays in the hospital crib

I stare at Sophie as she lays in the hospital crib. They had taken her clothes off so they could get to her, leaving her with only a nappy. I had put a blanket over her. I was just watching her, rubbing her head and arms. "How is she" I glance behind me "fine temperature is coming up they are monitoring her heart as it's still appears to be weak but her oxygen is up so they are positive" I say looking at her again. I miss her beautiful brown eyes. "Lillie" he said sitting opposite me he rubs his hand along her arm just feeling her. "What do you want me to say Henry" he sighs not saying anything "I can't do it Henry you Icing me out it hurts then I had all these questions about what happened about Erin that I couldn't ask because I didn't want to upset or doubt you" I tell him "I don't want her alone with Soph" he sighs "Lillie she couldn't have known" "I don't really care what she could have done my daughter was missing for a week they don't know if she will even make it...it's um Connor said it's still up in the air till her heart mends she's still young so it can but she's so little my baby" "she's going to be ok" Hank said "you got to talk to me Henry because I don't think I got much fight left in me after this" he sighs knowing it's true. "You know how important our family is to me...if you can't let me in Henry you have to leave" he stares at me heartbroken "it breaks my heart when you do t talk I know when something is bothering you. But I pretend I don't spending time with our children or grandchild but when you weren't there when I needed you most" "I was trying to find her" "I was there four hours before I realised either your daughter was lying or Soph knew the person and you only hugged me we never spoke I wouldn't have complained if you had of touch or even stood beside me...I don't need a lot you know this better than anyone but I do need something anything not this ice cold stuff" I wave my hand around "so that's you ultimatum" I smirk "your choice you give me something be my Henry or you leave" I shrug he smirks right back at me "you know I don't do well with ultimatums" "maybe not from IA but I'm your wife so decide quickly I have never been known for being patient ask the doctors they can tell you" he sighs rubbing his face.

"Mummy" Sophie said waving her favourite bear around. I had Al drop toys and things off for her after Henry left. He was curious why I didn't ask Henry but I never said. "Tin" Sophie squeals making the machine beep and me turn around to see Justin with Ellie and Flynn behind him. "What is it with us Voights ending up in the hospital" Justin jokes making me smile Sophie doesn't get it but Flynn and Ellie have a chuckle.

I step out getting some air for a moment. "Kim" I ask confused "hi" she waves "what are you doing here" "oh Um" "I swear if Henry sent you this is not what I meant" "he didn't a kid was shot" I was confused "a black kid" I sigh "was it a good shoot" i needed something to distract my mind. "From what I was told he robbed a store before pulling a gun on police shot one to" "Kim I'm going to tell you something this new world...it doesn't matter how good of a cop you are because the bad ones have all the attention. No one ever commends the good cops anymore. It doesn't matter if it's a good shoot if a black kid is shot even if your the best cop on the planet your condemned because of past bad cops" "so what can we do" "nothing Kim there will never be enough trust to make people instantly believe it there will always be doubt the only thing we can do is be strong and do our job" I shrug "your a good cop but is the one who shot the kid a good cop. Does this cop have skeletons in the closet you need to ask yourself this because if he does and you stand beside them you will be seen as like them share their views" she nods slowly "did um you" I glance at her I knew where she was going "did you stand by Voight when he went to prison" I pause taking a breath "I'm the one who personally handed Stone the final piece of evidence" I say "it almost destroyed our marriage now I may not even be married by the end of the week" I sigh turning to her "your brave Kim your the first person to actually act most chicken out long before then" she smile I walk away before she can say anything else.

Sophie was exhausted from playing with Justin, Flynn and Ellie all afternoon. I stand in front of the room beside Sharon she came down to check on us. "Are you ok" I look over at her "yeah I have Soph back I'm perfect" she gives me a look "I saw Hank leave" I sigh just watching Flynn and Ellie talk. "What's going on Penny" "I don't know ok I may not even be married by the end of the week" "don't think like that you made it through him cheating and getting her pregnant you could have taken off with Justin when you found out about his daughter but you didn't" "this is different I don't think we can fix this last time I knew I knew how to fix it and he was all in for fixing it I don't know" I shake my head heartbroken. I loved him more than life itself. "What" I spin around to Connor standing there Justin beside him they clearly had been talking. "Justin" I said carefully "are you and dad getting a divorce" I shake my head "I don't know" I say I didn't want to tell them that. "I didn't want to tell you not yet not until we figured it out" I begin "I don't know what's going on yet it's bad" "his obsessed with you Lillie" Connor said trying to comfort me I really wish it worked to but it just wasn't enough. I needed Henry, I needed to know where he was at, What he he wanted. I wouldn't fully relax until I got the answers. "Your not going to leave with Soph and Ellie right" Justin asks I shake my head "I wouldn't leave you and Flynn. Charles is here as well and I can't leave him now either" I tell them both. I was just going to be in some sort of funk until I knew for sure. I knew Sophie missed her daddy wanted him there, it broke my heart when she would ask for him. For the first time ever I didn't have an answer.