Losses

"The losses sustained during the battle were severe," Ranboo's hands trembled as he read the piece of paper in front of him. 

He was aboard the Dauntless because the Enderman was deemed too damaged and unsafe to give a speech on. 

"We lost over 17,500 men. Among the losses were Captain Antfost and his 1,000 crew members from the Thysia, Captain Gordon and his 1,000 men aboard the Gotengo, Captain Zelkam and his 7,000 men aboard the Farrier, 500 out of the 1,000 aboard the Yucatan and 6,000 out of the 10,000 aboard the Enderman.  Approximately 1,000 men were lost with the destruction of the support ships FNS Quig, FNS Resurrection, and FNS Jebediah," Ranboo spoke into the microphone as he held back tears. 

17,500 people are dead because of my bad decisions. How am I going to pay them back? That's 17,500 families that are now broken. That's 17,500 human beings that are dead because of me.

"The remaining ships that we have are the FNS Dauntless with a full crew complement of 7,000, the FNS Enderman with 4,000 crew members surviving, the FNS Yucatan with 500 crew members remaining and the FNS Luxor, with its full complement of 250 crew members." 

 Ranboo looked around the room at the people present. Tubbo was in the first row, seated next to a bloody Major Technoblade and a crystal clean Commander George "Gogy" Davidson. 

The stark contrast between the Dauntless crew and the Enderman and Yucatan crews was almost comical. The Enderman and Yucatan crews looked like they'd just come out of a war (which, to be fair, they had), while the Dauntless crews looked like they'd just come from someone's wedding in comparison. 

Ranboo took a deep breath before he continued. 

"Our next task is to perform some rough repairs to both the Enderman and Yucatan to get them back to combat capability. The port flight pod on the Enderman will not be replaced, so we will only have one operational flight pod aboard the Enderman. Because of how damaged it is, the Enderman will not be able to survive a battle with another battleship or battlecruiser, which is why I've enlisted the help of Commander Gogy and the Dauntless. I am ordering the destroyed dreadnoughts to be used as a source of replacement steel. That is their only use now."

Ranboo bowed his head down. 

"Now I would like to have a moment of silence for the 17,500 people we have lost today," He said quietly. 

"Thank you, you are all dismissed," Ranboo said softly before walking away. 

He wiped his eyes as tears fell down his face. 

"Sir, I think you might want to see this," someone said behind Ranboo.

Ranboo turned and was met face to face with someone he never thought he would see again...

Punz