Old Friends

"I-... I love you Mark," Tubbo blurted out.

"Y-you love me?" Ranboo's eyes grew wide in shock.

"I-I-... I know you're straight but I-... It was just eating me up inside and I just had to tell you and I'm sorry if... if it makes you uncomfortable a-a-and you want to be near me anymore... It's just... a-and every time I see you it just hurts knowing that you will never love me and... I-" Tubbo began bawling his eyes out.

He loves me? 

Ranboo's face was still in shock. He didn't know how to respond. 

Tubbo saw Ranboo's unresponsive state and just started crying harder.

"I'm sorry Ranboo. I-... I was being selfish... I didn't have to tell you that please don't hate me please I can't lose you even if we're just friends. I-... I-I should go... I'm sorry," Tubbo sobbed as he got out of the bed and walked towards the door. 

"Wait Tubbo!" Ranboo snapped out of his shock and ran to the door.

He got to the door before Tubbo did and he locked it. He stood in front of Tubbo. Both of their faces were streaked with tears. 

"You said you love me?" Ranboo asked. 

Tubbo cowered in fear. Eyes wide with terror, he backed away from the tall, muscular commander that stood in his path.

"please don't hurt me..." Tubbo squeaked as Ranboo began walking towards him. 

Ranboo kept walking toward the lieutenant.

"no. NO PLEASE-" Tubbo screamed as Ranboo grabbed the back of Tubbo's head.

Ranboo pulled Tubbo in for a kiss to which the lieutenant whined and kissed back. 

This was the second time that Ranboo had kissed Tubbo and he enjoyed it just as much. 

Sparkly, tingly feelings went through his entire body. This just felt so right.

Ranboo broke the kiss and whispered in Tubbo's ear,

"I've never felt love before so I don't know if I love you, but I want you to know that I like you and that I feel like I belong with you. I still need to figure out what love is but know that I do like you back."

Tubbo pushed Ranboo away and delivered a swift and hard slap to Ranboo's face. 

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" Ranboo's eyes were wide in pain as he backed away from Tubbo.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again. You made me think that you were homophobic and that you were going to hurt me because I liked you," Tubbo said, kind of laughing but still being kind of serious. 

"Cmere," Ranboo said with his arms outstretched. 

Tubbo complied and hugged Ranboo. The commander then lifted Tubbo up and placed him back on the bed, laying down with him after. 

They both turned to look at each other with beaming faces. Ranboo kissed Tubbo on the cheek and Tubbo promptly fell asleep in Ranboo's arms. 

_________________________________________________

Two hours later, Ranboo got out of bed and walked over to his computer and saw that Foolish had sent him a reply via encrypted message. 

═════════════════════════════