Respect

Ranboo POV

"I would show you right now, but this," Ranboo held up the flash drive, "is ancient technology and only works if you plug it into an ancient device known as a PC."

"Let me guess, you have a PC stashed somewhere on this ship?" Tubbo cocked his head to the side. 

Ranboo shook his head, "Not on this ship. But I DO have one in my house."

Tubbo raised his eyebrows, "You never said you had a house."

"It's more like a base of operations. You remember how I used to be a bounty hunter? I set up a home base on my home planet of L'Manberg," Ranboo explained.

"Interesting..." Tubbo mused. 

"Anyway, I have a couple of announcements to give," Ranboo said, taking the lieutenant's hand and leading him toward the CIC. 

"Oh and by the way, we are still dating, right?" Tubbo asked anxiously. 

Ranboo stopped and looked right into Tubbo's eyes. 

"Toby, my entire life has been a mess. I've been kidnapped and forced to train as an assassin. I escaped and killed a bunch of people only to work as a government-contracted killer. Then I joined the navy. My entire life has just been an unstable engine of death and chaos. But then I met you. You provided stability in my life. You... you just... You complete me. So, yes Toby. We are still dating," Ranboo said with a small tear falling from his eyes. 

Tubbo beamed and pulled Ranboo into a hug.

"Luckily for you, I can't articulate my thoughts like that, but just know that I feel the same way," he said into the admiral's shoulder. 

They stayed in each other's warm embrace for about a minute before Ranboo pulled away and continued walking toward the main hangar. 

When they reached the main hangar, Ranboo picked up the microphone that broadcasted to the entire ship. 

"Attention all crew. This is Rear Admiral Mark Ranboo," his voice echoed through the entire ship, "Will all personnel please gather in the main hangar."

Ten minutes later, the last stragglers shuffled into the main hangar. Stood before Ranboo were the surviving crew from the Enderman. Only about 100 or so survived.  

"First of all, I want to thank you all for your dedicated service. I have some bad news. Dream has made me a criminal in Federal space which means that they will be coming after me. I know that many of you have families on other planets so I'm giving you a choice," Ranboo looked at Tubbo anxiously. 

"They are after me, not you, so you can either stay with me aboard the Dauntless and help as we continue the campaign against Dream, or you can go home to your families." 

He looked at his audience of battered soldiers and crewmen. 

"You have done so much for me and I have no right to ask any more from you, so I want to tell you that joining me is not an order. I do not want you sacrificing your futures for me," he said.

"Sir!" an older crewman spoke up, "If Dream really is friends with President Hudson, then nobody is safe. Captain Puffy may have him surrounded as we speak, but she cannot capture him without starting an all-out war between the Federation and Empire!"

The crew around him nodded and made noises of agreement.

"This ship is supposed to have a crew of 7,000. As you can see, there are only about a hundred of us left. Why don't we go get our families and bring them aboard this ship? If Dream is in charge then nowhere is safe, but I couldn't think of a safer place to be than a state-of-the-art warship!"

Ranboo turned to look at Tubbo who nodded at him. 

"So if you choose to stay, I will let you bring your families aboard this ship. Now, can everyone who wishes to stay raise their hands," Ranboo said nervously. 

The first to raise his hand was Wayne who was followed by the older crewman that spoke up.

Little by little, the crew looked at each other and raised their hands. 

Nobody wanted to leave. 

"There is no going back if you stay with me. I don't want you to throw your lives away just for me!" Ranboo said, shocked by the fact that everyone wanted to stay. 

"Sir! You are the best commanding officer we've had. We want to stay. We know that we can't go back if we do, and we do not care. Awaiting orders sir!" a crewman stood at attention and saluted the admiral. 

The rest of the crew followed suit which shocked Ranboo even more. 

They would die for me. They... I actually mean that to them?!

Ranboo sighed, "Well then, let's get started.