Saturday Night At The Pearl - Episode 7A (Christmas special)

"Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow", Dean Martin

It was the Pearl's annual Christmas Party, a moment I always loved. We had transformed the club into a movie theater for the first part of the night, with hot chocolate, cookies, and blankets. A huge Christmas tree ruled over the room and there were decorations and fake snow everywhere.

"Die Hard," Lucas said with excitement. "Best Christmas movie ever. It was awesome."

"I noticed you shouted all the lines," I said.

"Yep. I was so ready for tonight."

I laughed.

We moved everything to make room for the second part of the night and I changed to a less comfortable outfit. James arrived but there was no sign of Aidan. Or of Amaury for that matter.

"Boss, you look amazing," Anna said. "This black gown is incredible."

"And the diamond necklace! Spectacular," Valentina added while walking in front of us with a pile of blankets.

"You are sweet. Well, it is in fact Christmas and I am the hostess. I have a responsibility, you know," I declared with mock solemnity. Pointing at their very fine tuxedos, I added: "And you are all pretty elegant too."

"I'm definitely underdressed," James said. Then he shrugged. "Oh no, sorry, I'm kidding. I'm never underdressed."

I looked at him and smiled. "Indeed you are not." He was wearing a dark red three-pieces suit and a graphic black and white tie on a white shirt. His hair was falling loosely on his shoulders, and contrary to his habits, he had no jewelry, except for silver rings on both hands.

"So are you singing something for us tonight?" He asked.

"Of course. It is Saturday night after all. I can see that the song jar is already pretty full. And you? Don't tell me you are going to waste that suit not singing on stage."

He winked. "We'll see."

"Oh, by the way, you did not tell me how your date went with Ahmed."

"Great. He is special."

"He is, isn't he? And he is just there if you want to say 'Hi'."

He smiled before going straight to Ahmed and kissing him. The bartender almost dropped the glasses he had in his hands with the surprise. But then he looked at the vampire and kissed him back, even more passionately.

I let the two lovebirds by themselves and continued my greetings tour with every guest of the club to wish them a merry Christmas and to check if they were having a pleasant night.

It was now Champagne time, and Lucas themed-set was quite genius. Ahmed and James danced. I danced with Valentina and Anna, while other bartenders took their shifts.

Soon enough, it was 2AM and everyone gathered near the stage. I took the jar and chose a paper.

"So, for our special Christmas party, I am going to sing... Of course, I knew you would do that! 'Last Christmas' by Wham! A fine choice, courtesy of Sandra. Thank you, Sandra!"

"Thank you, Sandra!" Everyone repeated as usual.

"Lucas, honey, on this one I do not need a new arrangement: let's keep it pure and 80s authentic. It deserves it."

Lucas nodded, and the music started.