Saturday Night At The Pearl - Episode 30 A

James' Journal

So I have to tell you what happened. Where to begin with?

We needed a space big enough, and where we would be comfortable to face what we had to. So Elise had suggested The Pearl, supposedly closed for fumigation for the weekend.

We put all the lights on, and as a consequence, the club seemed freakishly naked and sad. I remember I was afraid. I'd even considered drinking human blood to be stronger for this moment. But I could not do that, I couldn't disappoint them like that. Nope.

So here we went.

Amaury, Aidan, Elise, and I took our places in the room, just as planned. Elise had the spell, and we drew a symbol on the floor where the demon should appear. This time, it would incarnate itself, not just communicate with us, as it did with Amaury when he had done the deal. We were going to summon a demon. For real.

I remember Amaury said, "Thank you". Just that. And he looked at each and every one of us in the eyes. I would have wanted to tell him so many things, but I didn't.

When Elise summoned the demon, the room froze. We couldn't see anything at first but it was as if all the air had been sucked. There was not a single noise. My muscles were tensed.

And then, a dark shape appeared above the symbol on the floor. The shadow seemed vaguely human, but its form was indistinct, moving as if it had several faces depending on which angle you looked at. It was nasty. Crazy scary. And I'm a vampire, so I know about scary. That, I had not seen before. It looked like a tortured figure trying to settle down in a reality that was not theirs.

Then it talked. Well, not exactly. We could not see a mouth moving. There was no real sound in the room. But I heard it in my mind. And as I turned my head towards Amaury, I understood that we all could hear it. It said something like, "Oh you're here. It is time. You are mine. Blah Blah." Not exactly with these words but you know the demon drill.

Then Amaury said: "I'm not yours yet." And Aidan, Elise, and I came closer to each other to activate the crystal. We put our hands on the stone, and it started to glow in a bizarre way. It was more a vibration than a glow, actually.

The demon seemed suddenly stuck where it was. It was Amaury's call now. He pulled out an elegant sword and attacked without any hesitation. But the demon raised its hand and with one move it repelled him. The immortal flew across the room to crash into the wall. The demon seemed weakened and slowed down but not paralyzed at all. Fucking magic.

"Stay focused," Elise said to us.

And Amaury threw himself back at the enemy again. And again, and again, and again. Every time, the demon blocked his attacks.

Amaury managed to get closer to the creature but not close enough. He was panting and, even if his wounds were healing fast, he had stains of blood all over his clothes at this point.

"I need to help him," Elise finally said.