Episode 31 - Epilogue

Dear Amaury,

It is my turn to write a letter to you.

I know you are upset right now but I could not let you die for a second time. I just could not. I hope you will forgive me. I do not know where I am going, but I do know that nobody ever came back from there. It will not change what we have, though. I will always be with you.

Your friendship has been so precious to me and I am grateful for every second we have spent together. I know how incredibly scarce were the chances for us to meet, as we were born so many centuries apart. I am happy that immortality allowed me to know you. I do not believe in destiny, but I believe in love, all sorts of love. I believe in connection. I believe that we actively make sense of a senseless world by the way we inhabit it with others.

I am grateful to have been able to see you again. It was such a gift. And I want to leave thinking about those beautiful moments. Please, do not feel guilty. It was my decision and I am happy with it.

Take care of yourself and try to see yourself as I see you, a wonderful, generous, and kind person. I want you to be happy. You and James have to lean on each other. Do not sink into darkness, because you are lights in this universe.

With all my love,

Elise