Saturday Night At The Pearl - Episode 30C

Aidan's journal

The demon was still turning into stone. We were minutes away to lose Amaury, and there was nothing I could do.

The confusion was extreme when Elise turned suddenly and reached out to me. She smiled sadly. There were tears in her soft brown eyes. I knew that something was going on but I did not understand what. She put her hand on my head, and images flowed in my mind.

Us in my apartment. My paintings. A lock of my hair. Beautiful. My hand in hers. You are a kind man, Aidan. The night we met. The spot where we liked to sit on the Seine bank near Notre Dame. I will always be with you. Her scent, her embrace. I love you completely.

And I understood. She was saying goodbye. I choked and looked at her in panic. I tried to stop her but she had already taken a step toward the demon. She said a few words I did not understand and she looked at Amaury who was in dismay.

Their eyes glowed briefly.

"No," I screamed.

It was a spell. As she could not break the original one, she had preferred to transfer the curse on herself, to free Amaury. She sacrificed herself. She knew it could happen and she had not said a word. I knew she would fought to the death, but this? I had not envisioned this.

James turned towards me, trying to understand what was going on.

"Alright. You took his place. Fair game. It will be you then. I don't really care," the demon said, and before anyone could do anything, he grabbed her neck and lifted her from the ground. She did not resist.

A blinding light came out from her and was swallowed by the demon. When the light vanished, it dropped her as if she were nothing. It smiled and its head became stone as the rest of it. Its body fell on the ground near Elise and smashed into a million pieces.

That was it. In a second, it happened. In a second, in front of all of us, he had taken away her soul into the Void.

I ran towards her but she was not there anymore. I took her lifeless body in my arms and screamed. Amaury fell on his knees. I could not hear anything any longer. I could only see her empty eyes. I rocked her in my arms. I buried my head in her hair.

She is gone. I lost her.

 I lost her