Episode 23

"Gimme shelter", The Rolling Stones

The first flight I could find landed in the evening, and when I reached Budapest's city center, the night lights gave a golden aura to the streets. I love Budapest under the winter snow, but the city is as beautiful in the spring.

My taxi left me in front of a building near the Danube bank. The lights of the Buda Castle on the other side of the river caught my eyes for a second before I rang the doorbell.

Someone answered, but I could not understand what the person said since the interferences on the old intercom were so loud.

"Ikshan, my name is Elise. Abosede gave me your address."

Other unclear sounds and the door opened.

I took the stairs as I did not know which story to go, hoping that Ikshan would have opened the door waiting for me. I did not have the opportunity to check more than one story before they rushed through the stairs to meet me.

"Hi, I'm Ikshan. So nice to meet you. Come on in, I'm on the 3rd floor."

I did not have time to answer as they ran back to their apartment.

I entered a beautiful entrance hall leading to a living room that looked rather like a reception hall. Everything was exquisite, and many objects were priceless antiques. It was as if I had entered a museum.

"Your place is magnificent."

"Oh thank you. I've been living there forever. You know how it is," they laughed.

I smiled. "Yes, I do."

"So, what brings you here? How can I help?"

"Well, I was hoping that you would have information on demons."

"Demons? Alright. So serious stuff. You're in deep trouble."

"Not me. My ex-husband. He has made a deal with one. He has one month to live. I am looking for a way to break the curse."

"Holy Moly! A demon curse! Well, it's not going to be a picnic, that I can tell you."

"But is there something that can be done?"

They smiled mischievously. "There's always something that can be done. I just have to check my library."

"Thank you so much. I have looked everywhere, and nobody could find anything."

"Follow me."

They led me to a hallway that ended with a small door. They opened it, and I entered a vast room with bookshelves from floor to ceiling, leading to another room exactly the same. I turned my head towards Ikshan with my eyes wide open.

"Welcome to my library of the occult. It occupies the whole building, well, even more than that. If there is something that can be found, you will find it here," they said with a big smile.

 If there is something that can be found, you will find it here," they said with a big smile