Episode 21

"Bells", The Naked and Famous

"I love you," Aidan said, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

I cuddled up next to him. "I love you too."

"Do you want to talk about what happened?"

"Not really. But I am fine. Do not worry."

He leaned over me and kissed my forehead. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Unfortunately, I have been through worse things."

He stayed quiet.

"How are you?" I asked.

"It was chaos in here. We all missed you so much."

I frowned. "Is James okay?"

"I think so. But it has been pretty intense. He fell in love with Amaury, you know?"

I smiled. "I must say I am not surprised. Did he tell him?"

"I don't think so. As far as I know, they are not involved."

"Did you find something to help Amaury?"

"No, nothing," Aidan whispered.

"There is one month left. We have to do something."

"Let's sleep, and we will find a solution tomorrow."

We fell asleep in each other's arms. But the warehouse, the life slipping away through my veins: I drowned in a nightmare.

When I woke up, my hands were around Aidan's head, and he was crying.

"You felt so alone, and so tired, so desperate," he said. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm so sorry I could not find you."

I realized I had unintentionally sent him images of my nightmare, memories of my detention, but also feelings older than that.

I hugged him and stroked his back. "It is not your fault. There was deep magic involved. There was nothing more you could have done. But I am here now. It is over."

"Please talk to me," he whispered against my neck.

I pulled back to look at him. "It is not about what just happened. It brought back some darker memories." I hesitated. "It was not the first time I had been kidnapped. Ethan is not my only son, you know. He had a brother, Paul. We were taken together by a deranged immortal when he was nineteen. This immortal wanted me to suffer. So... he killed my boy in front of me."

Aidan held me tight. "I'm so sorry."

"It was a long time ago. But when I was in this warehouse, it triggered memories. And it all came back. I stayed focused, you know, the whole time, because I was thinking of Ethan. And because I knew you were out there looking for me. I had to hold on, to come back to you."

"You did it. You survived."

"I did. We are back together."

He kissed me on the neck. I held him and he did not let me go until morning.

 I held him and he did not let me go until morning