Saturday Night At The Pearl, Episode 16A

James' journal

january142018.mp3

I woke up this morning, well, this afternoon, and I realized it was Saturday. We are supposed to be at the Pearl tonight, altogether. We were having a war council of some sort again. About Amaury. But she's gone. Elise is gone.

I must say that everyone is losing their shit. Starting with me. Not only because we are all so worried about her but because, after only one freaking day without her, we realized how much she is keeping everything together, for all of us. And now, we're lost.

Yesterday night, I walked the streets; I had a few drinks, okay a lot. I didn't know what to do. I felt completely useless. I'm sure that if something like that would happen to me, she would have a million ideas to help me. She has already done so much for me.

But I am definitely not her. I just feel angry and scared. I mean, who can have the power to go after an immortal like Elise? It's crazy.

Ethan told us about the other elders. And it's not reassuring. They just vanished. Nobody has any idea about where they are or even if they still are.

Aidan is mad as hell. He texted me he wanted to, I quote, "destroy the goddamn Council". He is convinced they took her. Could be.

Well, I was asleep when he sent this message to me, so I didn't go with him. Probably not a good thing. At the same t..., wait, I need some coffee, I'll put this phone down for a minute... Okay. Alright, I'm back. What was I saying? Yes, the goddamn Council.

Well, if we have to get rid of them to get her back, I'll do it. I'm with Aidan on this one. They all seem like arrogant pricks to me anyway. And not just to me. Elise told me a little bit about them and I trust her judgment. So, yes, so be it.

But I hope Aidan didn't put himself in more trouble. He doesn't answer his phone right now. Not a good sign. I will probably see him tonight at The Pearl. Until then, I need to pull myself together.

I can't imagine what Amaury must feel right now. Or even Elise's son. I don't know what to tell them.

I know what she would say to me. That there is always a solution. To not give up. And most of all that I am not useless and that I am not alone. She would say that. Would I believe her? It's another story.

I miss her already.