~Chapter 18~

Man, I really appreciate you guys.

Alright moving on

I don't really like how this chapter is paced but I was too lazy to try and find a way to fix it, enjoy

The first thing Grian heard was scratching of something against the stone floor. He looked around, confused, and trying to figure out what was making that sound.

Then a cat turned the corner.

Grian was a little taken aback. Why was there a cat? What was is doing here? How did it get here?

The cat walked until it sat in front of Grian, it's tail swaying back and forth. It was gray and white with green eyes, that just stared into Grian's soul.

Then there was someone else coming around the corner. He wore a standard purple and green wizards robe with a hat.

He looked frantic and was holding his hat as if he was just running, probably down a flight of stairs.

"Jellie!" The man yelled, running up to the cat, "Don't run off like that."

He picked up the cat, petting it a few times before realizing Grian was there.

"Holy!" He yelled, jumping back, "you scared me, I did not know you were there." There was a light laugh after his sentence.

Grian just stared at this man who had come down here, presumably to find his cat, and didn't he was there. What a weird wizard.

"Anyways, I'm Scar," the man said, deciding to stick his hands through the bars, "And you're Grian, right?"

Grian hesitantly tool Scar's hand, "Yeah," he said slowly, "That would be me."

"Oh wow," Scar said sitting down on the floor to be level with Grian, "I wanted to talk to you, I mean the whole magic thing you did while fight False and the others really caught my attention."

There was a pause before Scar held up his cat, "Oh yeah, this is Jellie. Say 'hi' Jellie."

The cat just continued to stare at Grian.

Putting his cat back down in his lap Scar saids, "I like to say she's my familiar," his smile falters, "I can't have a familiar with the type of magic that I have."

Scar ponders something for a moment before his smile returns to normal, "Do Watchers have familiars?" He asks.

Grian, still taken aback by this sudden outburst of energy coming from someone he has never met, kinda just looks at Scar.

Then he actually thinks about the question. Watchers had helpers, typically birds. They weren't like Familiars which were supposed to help protect a witch or wizard.

"No," Grian said plainly, "Watchers don't have familiars, but we have helpers."

Scar looked delighted to know different things about Watchers. That's not a reaction Grian was used to seeing. With an internal sigh, he continued.

"Mostly birds, they carry different things to other Watchers," Grian said.

Grian had wanted a parrot as a helper, but they were to colorful and noticable. Though out of a parrot and what a watcher looked like, he was pretty sure that a Watcher was more outlandish and noticable.

Besides Zilqua had an eagle and Yalqua had a scissor tail bird. Why couldn't he have a parrot.

Scar, who Grian momentarily forgot was there, seemed to think about some (again) before asking another question.

"Are Watchers evil?"

That took him off guard.

Watchers weren't evil...right? There were definitely Watchers with ill intentions but they were swiftly taken care of. So either something had happened in the time he was MIA or Grian was the only Watcher Scar had met.

Which to be fair was weird, if it was true. After all most if not all Kingdoms had Watchers somewhere in their history.

Grian must've looked at Scar weird because he started giving an explanation.

"I-I mean I don't really know a lot about Watchers and I happen to know a lot about being part of something that is supposedly evil."

"You're evil?" Grian blurted out. He only kinda regretted it.

"No!" Scar said, startling Jellie, "I'm not. My people may be, but I'm not."

"Your people?"

"Yeah," Scar pointed at himself, "Where I come from."

"You're not human?" Grian asked. Well Scar obviously wasn't completely human. The mention of having a familiar and the outfit were a give away to that.

Scar made a noise resembling gibberish. "This has backfire, you weren't supposed to ask that!"

Grian let himself have a small smile.

"Did you come here asking questions and not expect to be asked questions back?"

"Yes," Scar said in a matter of fact voice.

The was a loud noise that came from the other side of the room.

"Scar!" A voice yelled, "Are you down there?"

"Yup!" Scar said, getting up, "Well I've gotta go now, I'll talk to you later!"

Before Grian could respond Scar ran to the exit, Jellie following behind him.

Grian noticed something that was left where Jellie was.

A crystal. It was clear in color and was just close enough for Grian to grab.

Reaching his hand out, he managed to pull it to him. Suddenly the crystal started to fill with a purple color. It was like dropping a colored potion or poison into water.

Grian tucked the crystal into a pocket. He didn't know what it did, but he was curious.

Once Scar was around the corner he pulled out a blue crystal, gripping it tightly. Had it worked? It wasn't like there was something the compare it to.

With a sigh, Scar dropped the crystal back into a pocket in his robe before continuing to run to the exit.

For the sake of basically everybody in the castle and more, he hoped that it worked.

If not?

Then he knew of some green that could help. They always listened.

*Busts down the door*

Y'all the end it coming.

So surprise! End of the year chapter!