~Chapter 1~

So what I've done there is completely rewrite the first chapter after I finished writing it already, WELP!

Tw: Death..... And murdering. I mean come on it's a story about an assassin. Also still unedited and I did not proofread.

Tap.
Tap.

A red figure ran through the rainy night streets.

Tap.
Tap.

It kept running, it was running away. Running away from what exactly?

Tap.
Tap.

From someone who wasn't to happy with it. The red figure looked behind its self. The two guards were still on its trial. The guards stood out, their armour was always shinny but in the rain it looked like they were glowing.

Tap.
Tap.

The red figure stood out as well. Most sensible people would wear a black cloak, but it. It wore a red one.

Tap.
Tap.
Tap.

The red figure picked up it's pace. All it needed to do was get to the forest, then it could easily defeat them.

Tap.
Tap.
Tap.

It kept running, faster and faster. It didn't dare look back. Even with the darkness if the night and the rain making its hood stick to its face it could risk looking back.

Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.

There! The forest was in view. The red figure huffed then with all its might sprinted as fast as it could

Tap.
Tap.
Thumb.

The red figure slowed down, as it entered the forest. The mud softening its steps.

Tap.
Tap.
Thum-

The guards came to a stop as then entered the forest. The red figure had disappeared. That was...odd. Even if it was night the red of the cloak should of stood out.

......

Complete and utter silence. The two guards look at each other before both deciding that one will go look and the other will go search. Perfect.

The one guard was left looking around. He was yet to look up though. For in the trees there was sitting a red figure, but when the guard did it was too late.

Thunk.

The guard fell to the ground. He was merely unconscious, but not for long. The res figure slid down the tree and pulled out a dagger. It walked over, took off the guards helmet, and tossed it aside. Taking the dagger the red figure slit the unconscious guards throat before climbing a tree again.

Before long the other guard came back with some backup. Only to find their dead companion on the wet forest floor.

Thunk.
Thunk.
Thunk.

All but one of the guards were knocked unconscious by unknown means. The one guard left was well left confused. Then suddenly and swiftly a red blur appeared knocking off the guards helmet. After that the guard could find himself pinned against a tree with a red figure pushing a dagger into his throat.

The red figure was relatively short, yet (somehow, we don't question) very threatening. The was a very short lived stalemate before the red figure started to talk.

"Listen." Said the red figure, "I want you to do is deliver a message to the king and I won't hurt you."

The guard, clearly terrified of being face to face with one of the kingdom's biggest threats.

"All you need to tell him is that I will end him." The guard nodding his head . The red figure took of the dagger and the guard sprinted away, no doubt he was going to get some more help.

The red figure sighed, wiping water off its face. It looked at the unconscious guards, then looked at his dagger. Before long all the guards where dead and the red figure was gone.

-

Grian stretch as he woke up. He would of liked to sleep in a little longer but the birds were just so loud. He got up and walked to his window.

"Pesky birds." Grian saids looking at the birds through his window. He walked through his Hobbit hole of a base, still trying to wake up.

Grian made his way down stairs and threw open a chest looking for some food. There was clearly a chest monster happening here, honestly Grian could care less.

After about a minute of looking Grian found some golden carrots and started to munch on them. He really ought to go out and get some more. However walking in a newly rained muddy  forest floor was not exactly what he wanted to do. Then again he really had nothing to eat.

With a sigh Grian changes his clothes, pulled on a red leather jacket/jerkin (really depends on which one you imagine) and dashed out the door. Only to come back in and grab some emeralds.

The kingdom was bustling with activity, then again when was it not. However it seemed to be more crowded than usual. Obviously being in the poorer part of the kingdom new people arriving isn't anything new, but Grian would have seen them earlier. It could be some special day and he just didn't know, with living out in the forest and all that.

Grian walked up to a farmer to get some trading done. Only to start bickering with the farmer about prices. In the end Grian left with a bunch of golden carrots and basically not emeralds, which was a problem he could easily fixed.

Grian continued to wander around the kingdom, still wondering about the activity. A question soon answered when he realized where everyone was going, the King was about to make an announcement.

Grian walked to the town's square along with everyone else. Of course this being one of the farthest towns away from the castle they couldn't all just go and listen to the announcement there. So the kingdom's solution was magic.

There was a magic....screen, at least that was the best way to describe it. (A magic hologram?) Needless to say Grian zoned out the entire announcement.

Before long the announcement was over and there was a buzz if activity in the small town. Grian ran his hand through his brown hair as he sighed.  He heard the murmurs of people as they talk about what the king said. Something about being safe and life ending. Interesting.

Grian and his golden carrots make their way back to his house. He made his way through the muddy forest, only to feel the slight sensation of being watched. He stopped and looked around. Nothing.

Being safe Grian starts making his way to a nearby lake. Half way to the lake the feeling disappeared. The slightly confused Grian starts sprinting to his house. Once he's there he quickly closes the door behind him.

That was weird......

I like how my writing style changes through out the chapter. Also I swear Grian in this story has a similar personality to Grian in a different story. Yeah I have not clue what I'm doing XD

~Sunny