Chapter 8 Ambivalent Night

Mary's POV:

I arrived back at my dorm room, still dripping wet. I entered the room to see Lucy sitting on the ground with her travel kit out. She had her makeup all around her, and her travel mirror set up to the height of her sitting position. Susan was in the bathroom which I'm guessing she was showering.

"I'm back."

"Hey cousin, how was the-" Lucy turned around to greet me, but stopped when she saw that I was wet. "Oh my god, Mary what happened?" Lucy jumps up and runs over.

"I am fine, I'm alright." I calmed Lucy down.

Just then the bathroom door opened, and Susan entered the room. She had her bathrobe on, and she was using her towel to finish drying her hair. "Mary, why are you all wet?"

"Oh umm..." I had to think of something quickly, I could not tell them that I was protecting a new friend from bullies. Or tell them about Louis, cause they are very protective. We all watch each other's backs. "I got sprayed by a... hose. Yep, one of the groundskeepers accidentally sprayed me while walking back."

"Oh." Susan finishes drying her hair with the towel. "Showering is free."

"I'm gonna hop in quickly." I make my way to the bathroom.

(Play this song if you wish, makes the section great. Great song, listen to it all the way;)

The hot water hit me, it felt relaxing. I began to wash my hair, grabbed my shampoo and scrubbed. Then I grabbed the bar of soap to wash my body. The water washes off the soap as I feel refreshed and relaxed. I step out of the shower and grab my towel. I walked over to the mirror, and wiped the moisture off of it. I then had a flashback to when my father was cleaning me when I was a baby, giggling, splashing, and I remember a photo of it. And what stood out was my father's expression, he was smiling.

I'll make you proud.

I grabbed the blow dryer to dry my hair, and after I was done put a giant hair claw clip to hold my hair up. I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me. I see Lucy brushing her hair and Susan doing her makeup. I walked back to my buck, and pulled out my makeup kit. I switched out my towel with a bathrobe. I sat down on the ground and set up my makeup and my travel mirror. I started with moisturizer, then primer, foundation, concealer, and blush. As I'm doing it, Lucy walked up to me.

"Hey Mary, how do I look?" Lucy poses to show her makeup she put on.

I looked up, "it looks great." As I turn back to put some blush on.

"Do you want me to start braiding your hair?"

I turn again to Lucy, "yes please, that would be very helpful."

Lucy sits down behind me, she grabs my brush and removes the clip. I felt my hair drop down as Lucy grabs it to move it away from my face. She then leans over and grabs my hair band. Placing my hair through and pulling it up to my hair line. Lucy begins to braid my hair into two, then in a bun.

Lucy begins to braid my hair into two, then in a bun                   

I also finished up on the blush and moved on. I did my eyebrows with my eyeliner, then shadow, liner, mascara, and lipstick. I went with red. I'm finishing up with gloss, when Susan finishes her makeup.

"Hey Lucy, do you want me to start braiding your hair?"

"Yes please."

Susan sits down behind Lucy and begins braiding. It was quiet for a bit until Lucy finished my hair.