Chapter 12 The Adler

Mary's POV:

You have no idea how excited/stressed I am. Yesterday I went to bed calm, but when I woke up I knew today was the day. Normally when I'm not stressed I get woken by my alarm or in this scenario at Cherryton it's mostly been my cousins. But since it's a play that I'm a part of I get nervous, in addition to being in a new environment. The other time I do wake up early is if there's a test. So this morning I woke up at 6:30, half an hour early. I also received a message from Sanu that Drama Club members have permission to leave class 2 hours early before school ends. It's good for us to get to the theater and prepare before the performance. I sit on the sofa looking over my email when a groggy Lucy opens her bed curtains.

"Mary, it's 6:40."

"I know, but we have a busy day today." I walked over to her, "it's the performance."

"Mmmm." Groaned Lucy as I attempted to pull her out of bed.

"Come on, don't forget that we have school too you know."

I managed to pull Lucy from her bed and finally she stands up. She slowly makes her way to the bathroom. I turn to Susan's bed and begin to climb the ladder up. I swung the bed curtains open to see a relaxed Susan.

"Hey."

"Hey Mary, what's up?" Susan rubs her eyes.

"Oh nothing, just excited slash stressed about today."

"For the performance?"

"Yeah."

Susan sits up, "Don't worry, the other members know what they're doing." And begins to get out of bed.

I got off the ladder and patiently sat back down on the sofa. I watched my cousins get ready for school, with a small scuffle accruing in the bathroom again. By 7:00 we were ready to leave, and this time we were waiting for Jacob. We stood by the male carnivore dorms as Jacob exited.

"Why are you all ready early?" Jacob asked.

"Mary was the first up and that the performance is today. Some stress is floating around." Replied Susan.

"Hopefully it goes good, like nobody's gonna break a leg right?"

"Nope." Lucy giggles at Jacob's comment.

We all walked to the cafeteria and immediately noticed everyone talking about Adler.

Everyone is excited. I bet it's mostly due to Louis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast went well and soon after school began. I think I watched that clock through class. At the moment I was in a different class, this time in Sea Speech. I turned and noticed Legoshi.

Legoshi is in my class?! Why did I not notice until now!

The class was seated alphabetically so I was pretty close to where Legoshi sat. I think he sensed that he was being watched and turned towards me. He looked surprised, so I waved at him with a smile. He slowly waved back with an attempt to smile slightly. I turn back to focus on the class. After class was finished it was lunch time. I pack up my things and look up at Legoshi. I decided to repay him the favor for walking with me yesterday.

"Hey Legoshi," I walked up to him, "you wanna walk to the cafeteria together?"

"Huh? Oh s-sure, that would be nice." He replied.

We both exited the classroom and made our way towards the cafeteria.

"Are you excited for the performance?"