Chapter 15 Birthday and The Force

This is a special chapter, two themes in one since both were too short for a chapter so I decided to combine both into one. This is what I call a filler since there's space between the events in the actual story, so I'll do my best to fill in the empty space. Shout out to @Kelson205 for giving me some ideas to use for the fillers, I thank you!

Date: May 3rd

Mary POV:

Today was Lucy's birthday. Susan and I were both excited today. Lucy is finally turning 17, hooray! So Susan and I quietly woke up at like at 6:30, and walked up to Lucy's bed.

Susan counted down as we grabbed the bed curtain, "1... 2... 3..." then within a second we pulled the curtains open and yelled "Happy Birthday!"

Lucy jumped up from her deep sleep frightened but quickly calmed down. She turned to us with a exhausted look.

"Morning..." she rubs her face.

"It's your birthday!" Said Susan as she reveals a small cupcake.

"Aww thanks you two." Lucy takes the cupcake and begins to eat it.

"We've got your day planned out." I take a step back from her bed to grab my phone. "After school we will meet up somewhere. Hopefully after practice."

"I wonder what we're gonna do at the drama club since the play is over?" Lucy wipes her mouth after finishing the cupcake.

"I don't know."

"So since it's my birthday, I call the bathroom first." Lucy sprints towards the bathroom.

"No way, you can't use that!" Susan runs after her before she's able to close the door.

This never gets old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting ready for school we exited the dorm to notice that Jacob wasn't standing next to the building waiting for us.

"Where's Jacob?" Asked Lucy

I gave a shrug.

But then out of the corner of my eye I see Jacob appear from behind the corner. I knew what he's gonna do as we proceeded to walk to the cafeteria. As we pass the corner of the building Jacob sneaks up behind Lucy.

Jocab gets close to Lucy's ear before whispering, "Happy Birthday."

Lucy immediately yelps as she spins around. "Ahhh! Jacob!"

Susan and I just had a little laugh as Lucy hits Jacob repeatedly.

"Hey, hey, I have something for you." Jacob quickly reveals a tulip.

"Aww thank you Jacob." Lucy takes the flower. "Where did you get it?"

"I just found it." Jacob rubs the back of his neck.

Interesting...

As we walked to the cafeteria, we did our typical birthday questions.

"How does it feel to be 17?" Asked Susan.

"It feels great, but next year is gonna be a big one."

"Sure is."

We all knew that this was our last year of being a teenager, becoming 18 is significant for us since it's us entering adulthood or being known as young adults. We entered the cafeteria and got our breakfast as normal.

"So... what did you get me?" Lucy asked as she leans up against me to stare into my eyes.

"You'll see." I take a bite of fruit.