Chapter 12- My next door neighbour.

Thanks for VOMMENTING for those of you who did and if you didn't its never too late. well here's the cliff hanger i promised.........read on

    CHAPTER 12

         I was 20 years old today and was smart enough to switch off my phone before I slept. When I switched it back on, 33 messages were delivered, form my family, Florence, Melissa, Brian and Maxwell and many other friends of mine. There was one whose number was hidden.

“Happy Birthday, I love you.” It read. I wondered who it could be but after a while I forgot about it. I didn’t have any class, the economics class we were supposed to have, was cancelled, the lecturer had an accident. I decided to go shopping for some clothes and groceries.

         By the time I was back it was dark already. I fumbled with my purse to get the house key while trying not to drop the grocery bag. After much cursing, I found it and opened the door. I went straight to the kitchen to drop the groceries and then to my room to drop the clothes I bought. I was hanging them in the closet when the door bell rang. I rushed to the door and opened it but there was nobody there instead I found a gift wrapped in yellow lying on the porch. Mum again? I thought. God, she has a thing for gifts on the porch.

          I smiled and picked it up and closed the door. I sat on the sofa and opened it. There was a note on whatever the gift was. ‘From your next door neighbour’ it read. How did the person know my birthday and my favourite colour? The gift underneath was wrapped in another sheet. The person definitely wants me to get tired of opening it. I tore it open and lo and behold it was a set of ‘J’adore’ fragrance, my favourite. It contained a perfume, two roll-ons and two sprays. Who could the person be?

           I dropped the gift when I saw what was underneath the perfumes. I had to pinch myself to be sure I wasn’t dreaming and I even went to the kitchen to pour water on my face. Yes I was so convinced I was losing my mind. I came back to the sitting room, looked into the box and the picture was still there and staring back at me. Two happy faces, I and Ed! The one we took at the central park in Washington. ‘I love you’ was written at the bottom of the photo frame.

“Ed’s back? I’d be damned.” I murmured to myself. The door bell rang but I didn’t bother to get it, it was probably Ed and I wasn’t ready to face him yet. Tears rolled down my cheek and I didn’t know if it was for joy or sorrow. My phone beeped.

               ‘Please open the door, we need to talk. I love you, Ed.’ Damn him! He left me! What does he want now? Me? Does he think he can just toss me around when and how he likes? After a while I heard retreating footsteps and then nothing. I dragged myself upstairs, leaving the gift in the sitting room and cried my guts out. How am I going to face him? For God’s sake, he’s my next door neighbour!

Cliff-hanger???????? You guys liked it? Well you have to VOMMENT if you want the next chappie. Ha ha... I’m good, right? See you later (that’s when you’ve VOMMENT) chao.