Chapter 19- Getting ready for Ed.

CHAPTER 19

Heal the world

Make it a better place

For you and for me

And the entire human race

There are people dying

If you care enough

For the living

Make a better place

For you and for me

       The children filed out of the stage and we applauded them loudly. We were at the St. Theresa Orphanage which the University of California make donations to every year. I, Melissa and max had volunteered to go to the programme and also make donations. Brian didn’t come with us because he’d break down if he did; he never liked seeing children that are physically and mentally impaired and babies that had been abandoned by their parents.

           I was also moved close to tears and I felt really sorry for the kids. I wanted to know their parents and strangulate them for abandoning these beautiful kids. Melissa wiped a stray tear from her face and max just kept smiling; he’d once been in their shoes. I mean, been poor. I donated books for the children while Melissa donated bicycles and toys. Max donated blankets, duvets and mattresses.

           When the founder, Mrs. Theresa was giving her speech, she mentioned the names of all the sponsors and donors. I was shocked when I heard Ed’s name, he had donated all the furniture we were sitting on, the doors, cabinets, all the things made of wood and leather was from him and his company. “Seems like your boy is super rich.” Max said and I blushed.

“Well he is and I’m happy for him.” I said. It wasn’t hard to know why he did it, he was once poor and life was difficult for him while growing up. The programme ended, and as soon as I was outside, I called him.

“Hello Fiona.” He said as he picked up.

“Hi, how are you?” I felt all mushy again.

“I’m fine and you?”

“Great. Hhmmn – I just wanted to tell you that your donations were really appreciated at the St. Theresa orphanage. It was so kind of you.” I felt stupid somehow but didn’t know why.

“Oh, how did you know about it? I thought I told them I wanted to be anonymous.”

“They had their yearly thanksgiving programme today and I and some other students represented our school.”

                 “Okay, so how was it?” he asked in that sexy voice of his and my knees felt mushy.

“It was great. So how are things over there?” I wanted to tell him I missed him but just didn’t know how to. Everything felt like when you’re falling in love for the first time and you just don’t know what to say or how to say it.

“Everything’s fine and I’d be back tomorrow. Things moved faster than I’d anticipated. They’ve started work on my company already.” He sounded so excited it felt like he was practically throwing his fists into the air.

“Wow that’s good news. I wish you success, so see you tomorrow then.”

“Thank you and yeah see you tomorrow.”

“Okay.” I said and waited for him to say something; I just didn’t know what I wanted him to say. Something to make my day.

“Uhm – Fiona.” He said. “Yes.” I answered.

“I – I – uhm – miss you.” My heart did a triple somersault and I just wanted him to know what I really felt for him.

“I miss you too.” I didn’t know how I said it and I could sense his relief.

“Okay then, thanks. I – I love you.” He said. Even though I wanted to tell him the same thing, I hung up. Coward! I felt like getting smacked for not telling him.

               On my way home, I stopped at the shopping mall to buy some things for myself. I bought three pairs of hot under wears, didn’t know what I wanted them for. I bought blue, red and yellow and I felt like I wanted to seduce someone. Who?

‘Ed, of course.’ My mind said.

 Oh shut! I’m not seducing anyone.

Then why are you buying strappy underwear?

Because I like them.

Liar!

Whatever, I replied the voice and ignored it. I walked into the gift shop and didn’t know when I bought a success card for Ed. It seemed like everything I bought revolved around him. I paid for the goods and went to meet Melissa and others at a Chinese restaurant not far from the mall.

          “So where did you go?” Brian asked.

“To the shopping mall, I had to get some things.” They all nodded and we ate amidst laughter and merriment. I got home at 6pm and quickly did my laundry, cleaned up the house and washed my hair. I went to his house and slid the card in through the door. I went back home and opened my closet to choose the dress I was going to wear the next day. I decided to wear a short blue halter gown with yellow accessories. I was practically getting dressed for Ed’s arrival, I wanted to impress him. I blushed at the thought and tried on the new underwears again to be sure it was perfect. After I was satisfied with them, I put them in the closet and went downstairs to watch TV. I watched Indian movies late into the night and went to bed at 1am. I don’t think my head touched the pillow before I fell asleep.

Crazy things we do when we’re in love! How was the chappie? VOMMENT, please. If you don’t, do not read the next chappie. Just joking.....

Let’s see what happens next............