Chapter 39- Last minute...

CHAPTER 39

            I and Ed went to the airport to pick Melissa, Brian and Brenda up, at 2pm. “Girlfriend!” Melissa yelled as she spotted us and hurried towards us. I went into her open arms and we embraced each other before turning to do the same with Brian and Brenda. “Lets go, everyone is waiting for my crazy friends.” I joked and we all laughed. “I hope you told them there’d never be a boring moment as long as we are there?” Brian replied. “Trust me to do that.” We got into the minivan and put their luggage in the boot. Ed drove us to the penthouse where everyone was waiting for us. When we got home, they were already at the door, especially Max who couldn’t wait to see Brenda.

           “Welcome toAustralia. How was your flight?”Florence said as she hugged them. Max pulled Brenda into the house and to the dining room where they spent minutes hugging each other before finally kissing. “Gross! Something’s happening in the dining room.” Evans teased and everyone laughed as they both blushed. “The dresses arrived just as you left.” Mum said as she set the table for lunch. I rushed into the bedroom to see my gown, it fitted me perfectly and I walked to the sitting room for everyone to see.

            “Oh my God!” Ed gasped as I entered the room all smiles and everyone focused on me. “Fiona, you look stunning. I think I’m actually gonna represent the bridegroom.” Evans said with all sincerity and made everyone laugh. “You’re a goddess, really.” Brian said. They all one or two things to say and tears welled up in me but I was able to control it. The bride’s maids tried on their dresses too and it was lovely. My bouquet and cake were ready and the wedding ceremony was four days away. I just couldn’t wait. I, Melissa and Brenda went to the balcony after we finished eating lunch, to talk. “Why the rush? I wasn’t expecting it this soon.” Melissa asked. “I’m pregnant.” I paused to watch their expression which didn’t even flatter, and continued, “So the earlier the better.” I sipped the fruit juice I was holding and waited for them to comment. “Wow, is it a boy or a girl?” Brenda asked. “We didn’t do an ultrasound, we want it to be a surprise, anxious to know the sex of the baby when I’m giving birth.” I replied. “Gosh, I’m so happy for you. A husband and a baby, what else can a girl want in life. He has a good job, nice and expensive house and even a company and he loves you like a parasite. You’re so lucky, girlfriend.” Melissa said with so much drama and emotion that made I and Brenda laughed.

         “What are you guys gossiping about? Double congrats Fi, Ed told me you’re having triplets.” Brian said as he joined us. We laughed and I pinched his cheek. “Ouch! That hurts.” He said and Melissa kissed the spot to make it better. We enjoyed the night air that blew and settled at the balcony, enjoying the view of the city spread below us. “See who is here.” Someone shouted in the living room and we rushed in to see who it was. “Congratulations Fiona, I rushed down as soon as I heard. Sorry I wasn’t at the hospital to bring you home. I had an official assignment that took me out of here all the way to Nigeria.” Michael said and hugged me. “Thank you for coming and how was your trip?” I asked. “It was great, you need to see how beautiful the place is especially their tourists centers.” He said and started telling about his adventure inNigeria while we got so hooked and listened attentively. “So I met Goodluck Jonathan, the president.” “So what did the president say?” Florence teased. “Told me to tell you how much I love you baby.” He said and pulling her close, kissed her.

           Two days after, the bridal train was complete and we went to the spa to get pampered courtesy of dad and then to the salon to make our hair. “This fits you better.” I said to Brenda who was wearing a premed wig. We were wearing different wigs to choose the style that suited us best. I had my hair made into a French twist andFlorence had hers styled into the popular Rihanna style. We did our nails and the beautician worked on our eyebrows and lashes. We got home late in the evening and I got into my wedding dress for dad to see. “You don’t even look pregnant, you look just like the princess you’ve always been. I can’t believe it’s time to let you go.” Dad said with pain in his face. I hugged him close and bit my lips to avoid crying. I know it was hard to let your first child leave you for another phase of life.

 Hey i'm back and now for the final chappie...........love you all.