Chapter 35- meeting the family.

Hey I’m here again, enjoy the chappie and wait…..! VOMMENT

CHAPTER 35

       “I think it’s high time I introduce you to my family.” Ed said to us. Then it occurred to me that I never asked for any of his family except his dad. I’d always assumed they were dead or something since he never mentioned them. Everyone was as curious as I was to meet them and I checked if I was looking good enough for his family. “Yeah you’re right. We’ve never asked or talked about them and that was bad of us I admit.” Mum said and we waited for the introduction looking around for his supposed family. “Well let me introduce you all to my mother and younger brother. Please stand up for recognition.” Ed said and we looked around, to our shocking surprise, Brianna and max got up and max bowed! I almost fainted. “What?” I shouted and a few guest turned to look at us and I quickly smiled. “Max? Mrs. Brianna? You’re Ed’s family? And all this while you never said anything?” I said lowering my voice. “I can’t believe this.” Belinda said. Dad just rubbed his forehead and looked on with bewilderment. He swallowed and closed his eyes, “Ed why do you have to give us all the surprises today? I can’t believe this either. I’ve always seen a resemblance but I never thought of this.” Dad said.

        Then the story of how Ed’s father divorced his mum when he was 6 years old, and max was 3, was told. The custody case was dragged in court for almost a year until the court finally gave the two of them to their father. Then one day, when max was 6 years, he ran away from home and went to his mother who was just leaving forCalifornia. She postponed her flight knowing she couldn’t travel with max and his father would take her to court for kidnapping, so she took Max back home. But when Max started crying for almost a week saying he wants his mother, their father had no choice than to let him go. He never got in touch with them but Ed did till they were grown. Max took after Brianna in physique, face, manners except the ear and lips which he got from their father. Ed took everything from his dad and only the soft manners from his mother.

        “It was Max who told me where you lived, Fi. Remember I told you I asked some of your classmates, it was actually max.” Ed said. “God! I never thought you guys could have known each other. What else are you guys keeping?” I asked still shocked. “Nothing.” They said in unison. Amanda cleared her throat and sipped her wine. We knew she wanted to say something. “My sons told me about you and how crazy Ed was and still is, about you. When they told me you were inCalifornia, I asked them to bring you to me so I’d know if you were worth Ed’s craziness.” She sipped more wine and looked at me, smiling. “Ed couldn’t come at once so I told max to get close to you and eventually you came to the house the very day you both met. He told me you felt bad cos he didn’t have a car and you did and you made him drive your car. I liked you instantly because you were kind hearted, humble and cheerful. So when max told me you went further by getting him a job, I knew you deserved Ed, you’d make him happy.” She paused and winked at Ed who smiled back and nodded to his mum.

          “Then Ed told me about his proposed company and the heart design he wished to dedicate to you and even the name he wanted to give to it. He also told me about his intention to propose to you and honestly… honestly, I gave him the idea of proposing to you before the guests. That ring belonged to my great grandmother and my grandmother passed it on to my mother because she had no male child. My mother didn’t give birth to boys too so the ring came to me as the eldest among three kids. Fortunately, I had two sons, so I gave it to the eldest, Ed.” I smiled at Ed who winked back at me. “I understand the kind of love you have for Ed even though he wasn’t rich. You might be wondering how I could have a diamond – emerald ring. My family was stinkingly rich and Ed’s dad wasn’t. Just like your parents did, my family didn’t want me to marry him but I was in love so I got pregnant for him. They had no choice but to let me marry him, which we did. The first baby died at child birth, but four years later we had Ed and three years after, Max. When max turned three, things started to go wrong and we settled for divorce. The rest of the story you’d know with time but right now, I’m glad I have you and your family as in –laws.”

         “We’re glad to have you as part of our family too. Let’s make a toast to this one big family.” Dad said and we raised our wine cup. “To the success of this new family!” dad toasted. “To the peace and love that’d reign in it.” Mum added, “And to the new, latest couple.” Brianna also added. We clink our wine glass and the nausea hit me again. I felt myself collapsing and a strong arm caught me. “Fi, Fi... What’s wrong with you?” Ed panicked as the others gathered round me. “Nothing, just feel dizzy.” I was pulled up and he sat me down while Evans rushed to my side. “She complained about the chicken soup this morning, said it was stale.”Florence offered an explanation to my situation. “It wasn’t stale.” Belinda said.

           “I’m okay. Really okay. Get me an aspirin.” Mum gave me the aspirin and I swallowed it with my wine.  I slumped again, “Fi? Fi, please….” Then darkness enveloped me.

So enjoyed it? I guess you did. The story is gradually coming to an end and I’m grateful to you all for the VOMMENTS and for keeping me on the ‘what’s hot’ list. I mean since I started this story, I’ve been on it. But you guys have to make me no 1 so let’s try harder, right. Lol.