Chapter 28- Results are out?

CHAPTER 28

              The examinations started and it was hectic. I did my best and I hoped for the best. Above all, I wanted to graduate with a first class degree. Ed hanged out at max’s house, keeping his mum company most of the time, deliberately giving me space and time to read. Gradually, the exams came to an end and we waited for the results. The gowns for the graduating students were already being arranged for and when it finally came, I was mad with joy. It was purple; symbolising royalty and yellow; symbolising brightness. I wore it in front of the mirror everyday for a week and Ed would always laugh at me.

            I called dad and mum to tell them the convocation ceremony would soon come up. I was graduating from the university! I couldn’t believe it. Florence called me to tell me, her and Michael would be coming. “We’d finally get to meet the girl that gets you to do anything ASAP.” Brian said with a hint of jealousy. The others agreed and I just laughed at them. At the end of the week, on the 4th of November, 2009, the results came out. Melissa rushed into the house and startled everyone.

“The results are out!” she shouted and we all rushed to our laptops and logged into our personal school accounts. Brian threw his fist into the air, “I topped you Melissa, I came out top of the department!” Brian said. He was happy he’d got back at Melissa who topped the department the previous semester. “Well, I came second, not bad. I still have next year.” She answered. I wondered how they didn’t get jealous of each other with the way they compete. They looked at me and Max waiting for us to declare our results. “First class.” I said and they yelled and clapped. “Topped my department too.” Max also said. Ed entered the house, wondering why we were all rejoicing. I flew into his arms and planted kisses all over his face. “I came out with first class!” I shouted.

“Whoa!” he said and whirled me then hugged me tight. “Wow, finally you’re graduating. I think I need a manager in my company.” He joked and everyone laughed.

                  We popped bottles of wine at the restaurant Ed took us to. Brenda had joined us; she was third on the list of her department. I called mum to tell her my results and also told her that the following week, Friday was the convocation ceremony. Mum screamed with joy and I prayed she didn’t get a high blood pressure. The day passed on quickly and the following days, I and Melissa spent shopping for the things I’d wear on the d- day. I bought a new pair of shoe, a black high heel. I went to the salon to make my hair and fix my nails. I and Ed also went to the spa to have a session, he really pampered me.

                On Thursday, mum and the family arrived and the house was buzzing with merriment. Dad and mum came with their associates and friends and had lodged them in a hotel. I vacated the house for them and stayed with Ed. The family didn’t give us much time alone as they were all calling him from different angles. Ed do this, Ed do that, Ed come and keep me company, Ed tell me about your time Australia, bla bla bla. I even got jealous and wanted to scream at them to leave my guy alone. In the night, I could hardly sleep and Ed had to force me into bed, he played soft music which helped me sleep.

Okay this is short but I’ve tried, haven’t I? I mean five good chappies at once! Well don’t forget to VOMMENT and I’m waiting for the solutions to my riddles. Here’s this chappies’ joke;

     Having no luck training his pet, a dog owner asked an evangelist to help. A week later, the evangelist returned the dog and demonstrated his success by throwing a stick and ordering “Fetch”. The dog returned with the stick and, on the command “Drop”, placed it at his feet.

      Next, the evangelist said “Roll over”, which the dog immediately did. Excited, the owner told the dog, “Heel”. The animal placed its paws on him and said solemnly, “I command this sickness to leave you.”

Funny, Uhn? See ya all...