Chapter 21- The date.

CHAPTER 21

          The car stopped in front of a restaurant and Ed opened the door for me. God, this is too good. He held my hand and we walked to the door which was opened by the doorman. The restaurant spoke volume about class and everywhere was sparkling. Even the furniture nails? There was a big dance floor in the centre and soft music played in the background. This place is definitely expensive.

“This is beautiful!” I exclaimed and squeezed his hand. He squeezed back and I looked into his charming face. “I’m glad you like it, let’s get a table. Where would you prefer?” he asked, his blue and white strip shirt looked hot on him and I reached a hand to his chest.

“Here would be nice.” I said as I walked him to a table at the corner of the room where people won’t notice us. I wanted alone time with him. “Alright then, this even gives us some privacy.” He said as I got into the chair he held for me. He sat opposite me and a waitress appeared. We looked through the menu and found it difficult to make a choice. The list was making me salivate and it went on and on.

         “You know what miss? Just get me anything you think I’d love.” I said to the waitress. Ed said he’d have the same thing too and the lady disappeared. Ed changed his seat and sat just next to me.

“That’s how you’ve been drawing me like a magnet since I saw you, I just pray I don’t end up sticking to your body for the rest of the night.” He joked and smiled. I put my hand on his thigh and caressed it. He flinched as I traced it up and up and up and then stopped.

“You don’t want me to eat you here, raw, milady.” He said as his hand caught mine and he placed it on his groin. He’d had an erection already? I looked up at his face in surprise. “Did I do that?” I asked feigning ignorance. “Yeah, that’s what you’ve done to me.” He said and I withdrew my hand. We stared into each other’s face and were already moving closer for a kiss when the waitress returned.

          “Uhm – sorry to disturb. Here you are.” She said as she placed two courses on the table. It was fried rice, vegetable salad and chicken. The dishes looked yummy and I heard my stomach grumble. I blushed with embarrassment.

“We had better get started, someone’s too hungry. Thanks.” Ed said to the waitress who curtsied and walked away. We ate in silence at first but it was a comfortable one.

“I still can’t believe it’s really you, Ed. You’re so different now.” I said as I watched him swallow the food in his mouth. “People change, Fiona. You have too, and yes this is me.” He said and reached for my hand on the table, covering it with his.

“So when did you arrive?”

“I arrived at 3pm but didn’t get to the house until 8pm. I went to visit one of my friends whom I just discovered stays here in California. When I got home you hadn’t arrive so I just watched TV until I got tired of staying indoors and went to sit on your porch, waiting for you.” He drank his wine and I just stared at him. Nothing could have been more romantic.

             “My bag is still in the sitting room, I didn’t even bother to unpack, and I just couldn’t wait to see you.” He smiled at me. “I couldn’t wait either; even my friends noticed I was extra happy today. I’m happy you’re back and I’ve forgiven you. Hope you know that?” he looked into my face and gave a knowing smile.

“I know you have and I can’t express how happy I am.” He kissed my cheek and made me blush.

“See who’s blushing.” He said and we laughed. We ate dessert which was fruit salad and talked about many things. He told me about the awards he’d won, the best employee, the fastest rising employee, most dedicated worker, most talented employee, among others. Essence Leather Company, he said, is the best in Australia. When we finished eating we went to the dance floor and danced to the slow music playing.

            It felt like paradise, I wish there was another word I could use to describe it. When the music ended, our kiss came to an end and it was then I realised we had been kissing since we started dancing. That’s about four minutes! Gosh! Thank God nobody seems to notice us.

“Didn’t realise we’ve since been kissing.” Ed said as we took our leave. “Neither did I until the music stopped.” I replied and got into car. It was 10pm already, four good romantic hours! We hit the road and talked till we got to his house.

We alighted from the car and went into the house. He locked the door behind him and without switching on the lights we kissed again until we could almost not breathe.

          “God! You’re driving me crazy.” He said as he found the switch and the lights came on. I left his hand and gestured to him to take his luggage upstairs. He did and I followed him. We had entered the room before I remembered I’d been there and folded his clothes. He noticed and looked at me.

“Yeah I came in and saw your room wasn’t tidy, so I did it. You got a problem with that?” I said raising my eyebrows. “No sweetie, not at all. Thank you.” I nodded and helped him unpack. I blushed when I picked up one of his briefs and looked at him.

“I’d better take care of my underwear. You’re blushing already.” I blushed deeper and he kissed my nose. I smiled at him as he unpacked the remaining cloths which were mostly underwears.

            I went downstairs and sat on the sofa, flicked on the TV and got absorbed into the cartoon channel. Yes I love cartoons. I didn’t know when he came down until he wrapped his arms around my shoulder from behind.

“I can see you’re still a big fan of cartoons. I’m through with unpacking.” He said and nuzzled my hair. I pulled him over the sofa and he landed beside me. He laid his head on my laps while I stroked his hair. We stayed that way for long and by the time I got tired of switching channels it was 1am. As if noticing how late it was, he got up and ran a hand through his hair.

“You should be going home, its 1am already. I’m sorry I kept you up this late.” He said looking genuinely worried about me. I climbed up the stairs without a word and I heard him follow. I got into the bedroom, unzipped my dress and had nothing on except the new blue underwear I had bought. He looked at me with eyes full of passion and like someone who’d been starved of it.

“I’m staying with you tonight.” I said and pulled him into the room. He kissed me thoroughly before we broke apart. “You’re welcome to spend the night. God, I’d have you beside me all night.” He said as I stripped him to his boxers and we got into bed. All we had on were our underwears.

“Ed?” I whispered. “Yes love.” He answered.

“I love you.” I finally said it and snuggled closer to him. He trailed his hand down to my stomach and slid down to kiss my navel.

“I love you too, Fiona. I’ll always do.” Satisfied with our world, I fell asleep as his arms wrapped around my body and my head laid on his chest. I could feel his heart beat and I dreamt of us getting married.

Hello! How was this chappie? I know you guys weren’t expecting this or were you? There are so many things you wouldn’t be expecting cos I don’t like my stories to be predictable. Consider this chappie as a gift for my birthday. VOMMENT.............THAT’S MY BIRTHDAY WISH!!!