Chapter 2 - Meeting Alex White.

Okay here's the next chappie and I made it longer. Enjoy....

CHAPTER 2

"...happy birthday to you Amanda, happy birthday to you. Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! Hurray!!!" the staffs had gathered to sing for mum and I know mum will be beaming with smiles. It was the only time she really mingles with the staffs, any other day she'd erect that superiority wall which I so much hate, but the staffs were used to it. I hurriedly changed into a white mini gown with pink lacy turtle neck after I cleaned up, and rushed downstairs.

Her friends were starting to arrive and Florence had called to wish her a happy birthday. I met Mr. and Mrs. Simon, the producer of many award – wining films and mum's favourite TV presenter, Mrs. Lilly Jacobs. There were quite many other celebrities and people with 'class' like mum always says.

"Happy birthday mum." I shouted from the middle of the stairs and everyone turned to look at me. I couldn't but notice a guy wearing a well ironed suit pants and shirt; he should be in his early twenties.

"Darling thank you so much." Mum said as I jumped into her waiting arms. That's the beauty about swimming and dancing, it makes you light enough for your mum or dad to carry you. I walked to dad when she dropped me and gave him a hug.

"How's the trouble maker doing this morning?" dad teased me.

"Well as you can see, the prank player is happy." I said and we laughed. Evans and belie came into the room then and I can't but agree that they looked handsome and beautiful.

"Mum, I'm sorry I didn't get you anything." I said as everyone gave her presents. They all looked at me wide eyed but mum was quick to respond.

"It's okay darling. Having you here is enough. Well let's move to the garden." Mum said and she led them there, I smirked. I know she'd soon shout with surprise. They entered the garden and what did they find? A banner with 'Happy birthday mum...with love from Fiona' I had put that up after Evans and belie left my room. Everyone gasped.

"I should have known you were up to some kind of prank." Mum said as she picked up the present. Everyone laughed and applauded me for the surprise and mum hugged me even tighter.

"Open it." I said and she did, revealing a 3 – inch black heeled shoe that she'd seen at a boutique last month but they didn't have her size. I had gone back and demanded they make her size though it cost me extra cash, it was worth it.

"Oh my! You got me the shoe. I love you darling. It's so nice of you." She said with glistening eyes, I hoped she wouldn't cry, mum could be so emotional sometimes.

"You're the best, mum and I love you too. We love you." I said pulling Evans and belie close. Evans had gotten her a black sequined purse which matched the shoe and belie had gotten her a pearl necklace though I wondered where she got the money from. It had to be dad since she's his pet. Dad hadn't given her anything and we were all waiting anxiously to see what he'd present. He dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out an envelope decorated with blue ribbons.

"Darling, this is for being my wife all these years and standing by me and being a wonderful mother to our children. Happy birthday." He kissed her and gave her the envelope, everyone cheered. Mum opened it and almost shouted, "Its two tickets to Paris. I love you more, darling." She said and hugged him. I remembered mum saying she would love to visit Paris but didn't have the time, it was the perfect gift dad could get her.

"Plus, there's a party here tonight." Dad added and mum looked surprised meaning he had planned it without her knowing. I sneaked back to my room but I'd learnt that the guy I saw was Alex White, the son of Dr and Mrs. White. His mum's the owner of the well known 'lovely brides', no wonder he's hot, his parents are beautiful. But not as hot as Ed, nobody could look hotter to me. I took a bite from the cake Eleanor had baked and closed my door. I needed to get ready for the party, it's been long I attended one where I'd meet aristocratic families.

****************************

The guests were beginning to arrive and the doorman was directing them to the lawn, beside the garden. Everywhere looked beautiful and a huge banner, 'happy 40th birthday' was floating in the air. Belie had stopped at my room twice to ask for my opinion on the dress to wear and she finally settled for a flowing sky blue gown , black shoe and purse and sky blue jewelleries. She styled her auburn hair in a French twist with the help of Lizzy, one of our maids.

I decided to wear a yellow halter gown that stopped just below my knees, golden shoe and purse and gold jewelleries. I didn't have a style for my black hair so I just let it fall; the way Ed always loved it. Thinking of him made me sad but hey I have to be all smiles for my mum's party. I didn't use much makeup, only lip gloss, mascara and a bit of blush. My phone rang but the caller ID was unknown.

"Hello" a voice said, obviously male.

"Hello. Who's this please?" I said frowning a bit. Then the caller hung up. I hissed in annoyance, people could be so manner less sometimes. I went to the lawn and soon got tired of saying hello to everyone I met and putting on a smile.

"Want to dance?" I looked behind me to see Ale White in a black tuxedo and his blond hair looked damp. He was looking handsome, maybe it's time to forget about Ed, I said to myself though not aloud.

"Yes please." I said and smiled. He held out his arm and I took it. I remembered the day I was at Ed's and we danced to some music we played from my IPod. Tears threatened to fall but I was successful in holding it. How could he do this to me? "A penny for your thought." Alex said and I tried to forget about Ed for the time being. "Just trying to guess your age." I lied and he bought it.

"Not so difficult to guess. Let's just say I'm in my early twenties." His hand was sliding down, a little below my waist line. What does he think he's doing? As if sensing my discomfort, he slid it back up.

"Okay, I'm 22, what about you?"

"I'd be 19 next month." I said and the music slowly came to an end.

"When next month?" I wondered why he wants to know but I told him anyway.

"Hhmmn, I want to go get a drink." I rushed off before he could offer to get it and felt his eyes on me, I couldn't help but smirk. I avoided him for the rest of the night and when I wanted to retire to my room, he was waiting behind the stairs. God! I should have taken the balcony stairs.

"I see you've been avoiding me all night." He said as I got to the stairs. I don't really have time for this, I thought.

"I wasn't avoiding you, just needed to spend time with other people. If you don't mind I really must be in bed now, I'm tired." Belie walked up the stairs without even glancing at us.

"Alright, but I'd love to see you again if you don't mind. I'm beginning to like you sort of." He said placing his hands on my shoulders. I nodded and politely shrugged off his hand.

"Whatever." I mumbled and climbed the stairs. That was rude but that's how I've been acting to guys since Ed left me. I removed my dress and got into bed in my underwear, I was too tired to get into something proper. I thought of Ed, the night we had sex and drifted off to sleep.