Chapter 13- When we first talked.

Hiya! I’m sorry I haven’t been here for a while. I broke my arm during my karate training so I couldn’t type. I’m okay now. So to make up to you guys, you’re getting two chappies again. Isn’t that cool?    

         CHAPTER 13

             When I woke up in the morning, my eyes were swollen and I wondered what I could do to reduce the swelling. Then it all came back to me, yesterday night, the gift, Edward. I sat back on the bed and wanted to just stay there for the whole day. I looked at the digital clock, it was 8am already and I had a class at 10am. I picked up my phone and called Maxwell.

“Hello.” He said as he picked up.

“Maxwell, could you please pick me up when you’re going to school?” my voice was strained and tired.

“Of course. What’s wrong? You sound so sad and tired.”

“I’m fine, I’m not just getting myself right now and I don’t think I can drive.”

“Then you’re not fine. I’d come over now if you want and we can talk.”

“No, just pick me up; we’ll talk in the car.”

“Okay then, if you want it that way. See you later.”

“Yeah.” I hung up without even saying bye. I was disoriented.

            I scrolled for Florence's number, she had to hear this.

“He’s back.” Was the first thing I said as she picked up.

“Who’s back? And why are you sounding sad?”

“Edward dropped a gift at my house yesterday night.” I waited to hear her response.

“What? You mean he’s in California? You can’t be serious.” I could sense the shock in her voice.

“Not only is he in California, he’s my next door neighbour! Can you imagine that? The worst thing is that, knowing that he’s back, all the pain I’d felt over the years has turned to anger and now that I’m supposed to be happy, I... I...hate....him.” I blurted out.

“Your next door neighbour? I can imagine the hatred you’re feeling now but you have to control it else it will control you and you may end up doing something crazy.” I could imagine the anger boiling in Florence right then, she hates seeing her bestie in pain.

“Do you have any class today?” she asked.

“Yes I do, I have two classes and it’s starting at 10 am.”

“Well then go and get ready for class and I’d think of what we can do to make your life easier with him. You have to let him talk though.” She said.

“Okay and thanks for listening, I just needed someone to talk too.” I said as tears were falling again.

“Hey, it’s okay. That’s why we’re BFF. I’ll call you in the evening.”

“Thank you. Have a nice day.” I hung up and went to the bathroom. My eyes were red and really swollen. I went to the kitchen to get tea bags and I placed them on my eyes to reduce the swelling. I rummaged through my closet and ended up wearing a short, sleeveless black gown and a pair of flat blue, Caribbean sandals with blue bag.

                When I’d finished dressing, the swelling had reduced and I concealed it with a concealer. I went to the sitting room and saw the gift just as I’d left it and I didn’t bother packing it away. It could stay like that forever. Edward! The guy who abandoned me after getting want he wanted, sex, from me? The guy I’d sacrificed almost everything for? He’s back and can afford to buy a house and an expensive gift. He’s now rich?