Chapter 30- Back to washington.

CHAPTER 30

            I felt something wet on my face and I opened my eyes immediately. I saw Evans and belie with wet sponges and a bowl of water. I grabbed the duvet and crouched in a corner and covered myself with it. “Congratulations!” they shouted and pelted me with wet food stuffs. That was our tradition when anyone amongst us takes a big step in life. They pelted me with tomatoes, salad cream and the likes, I rebelled and soon enough everyone in the house was running around and pelting someone else with food. Later in the day, we were at the theatre watching a play while some cleaners were sweating over the house we’d messed up. I still couldn’t believe the previous day was my graduation and that I was finally a university graduate. Dad booked one of the biggest elite restaurants in California to celebrate my graduation.

             At 3pm, we were at the Peacock Restaurant and Eatery for my cocktail party. The place was damn beautiful and everywhere was made of glass, the table, chairs, even the menu list. You had to be careful in there else you’d incur debts before you leave. A 3-tier cake had been ordered for me and Ed had picked out the blue dress and diamond jewelleries I wore. He wore a dark blue tux too and looked so sweet and handsome. The ladies there wore different dresses that ranged from dark to flashy colours and the guys wore different types of suits and tuxes.  I cut the cake and took pictures with almost everyone there, many people in the restaurant recognised dad and mum and Ed and even me because our convocation ceremony was transmitted live all over the country. “Congrats, Miss Fiona. You really made everyone proud and amazed with your awards and the record you set.” An unknown person said to me. “Thank you very much, ma’am.” I replied and excused myself politely. I joined Ed on the dance floor and did salsa while everyone cheered us on, he passed me to dad and I was passed round and round until I felt my head spinning from too much drinks and dance.

           “Are you feeling better now?” Ed asked joining me on the table. The party was damn rowdy, I wasn’t expecting that much people. “Yeah I am, just need to sit for a while.” I replied and drank the water he brought for me. The others barely noticed us as they were enjoying the party to their satisfaction. We finally left for home at 6pm and rested our tired weary heads. Everyone was going back to Washington the next day. “No one can ever make me feel this good.” Ed said as we made mad love that night and lay satisfied in each other’s arm. “Me too.” I replied.

           The next morning at 11:30am, we left for the airport. It was hard to say goodbye to Melissa and co., but go I must. I cried inside me at the airport and almost wanted to change my mind. We waited patiently at the departures lounge while unspoken sad words passed between us. “I’d check on you guys whenever I have nothing doing. I promise.” I said as we got ready to board the plane. “We’ll be expecting some day. Take care of yourself, Fi.” Max said and held my hand. “I’m missing you already, don’t forget us.” Brian said and kissed my cheek. Melissa wiped a stray tear from her eyes and nodded at me. “I can never forget the guys that made my life hell in California.” I joked and managed to make them laugh. “Thanks for being my friends and I know we’d always be.” I said again. “Yeah, Fi. Yeah.” Melissa said. I entered the plane and waved as the plane was about to taxi off the runway. Dad had been allowed to let them go past the boarding gates with us. They turned and left as the plane started taxing down the runway. I wiped the tears that flowed down which I’d successfully being able to hold before them. Ed squeezed my hands and let me sob on his shoulders.

***    ******      ******           *****           *****          ********

              “... Washington. Thank you flying Oceanic airways, we wish you a wonderful stay in the state and journey mercies to your destinations. Thank you.” I woke up as the intercom sounded; we’d flown first class so I was able to relax well. A limo was already waiting for us as we alighted from the plane. When we got home, I went straight to bed; I was too tired and sad to stay up and talk. When I woke up, it was dinner time and I joined the family at the dining table. “Where’s Ed?” I asked when I didn’t see him. “He went home, didn’t want to disturb you.” Dad replied. I got into my chair, disappointed that the very person I wanted to see wasn’t there. “Hope you’re well rested?” Florence asked. “Yeah I am. I missed you so much bestie.” “I missed you too.” She replied and we smiled at each other. We would talk about our adventures later in the night.

             “Congratulations again.” Michael said and I smiled and nodded at him. “Thank you for gracing the invitation.” I said to him. Many conversations about so many topics went on and soon, I forgot about Ed’s absence and laughed with everyone. “Fi, remember the day we threw a marker at Mrs. Simons butt?” Florence asked, laughing. “Yeah, and the whole class did extra workouts at the gym. What about the day we put bubble gums on her chair and she couldn’t get up?” I asked too. We burst into laughter again, “She must be blind, I mean how couldn’t she see them?” Michael said. “It was purple gums and blended perfectly with her chair.” Florence said. “And she sits only once.” We both said in unison and everyone laughed again. “I’ve always known the detentions you kept getting wouldn’t change you. Your teachers were only wasting their time. You’re born a terroriser.” Dad said and mum nodded in agreement while Evans and Belinda grinned.

                 We talked on into the night and Ed called. I got up from the table and went to receive the call. “Hello sweetie.” He said as I picked up. “Love, I didn’t see you when I woke up.” I said. “Yeah, I didn’t want to wake you up. I’d pick you up at noon tomorrow, so we can a nice time together. Okay?” he said and I cheered up. “Alright dear. I miss you.” I replied fingering the locket on my neck. “I love you.” He said and then I hung up. I joined the family at the table and ate some apples as I listened to them talk. All that was on my mind was seeing Ed and when I finally went to my room to sleep, I thought of my next step in life now that I’d graduated.

Wow! Some more chappies to go and the story ends. How was the chappie? I’m still expecting some answers from the riddles I gave you and more VOMMENTS...!!! What should I give you guys now... (Thinking mode activated). Okay, I came up with a riddle. So here it is,

Can you put an egg on another egg without it falling? How? Explain.

Thank you all for reading, XOXO....