Chapter 38- I'm happy!

Wow! Chappie 38! Gradually, we are getting closer to the beginning of the end of the story. Ha ha. Read on cos I’m enjoying this story. Thank you for keeping me on the ‘what’s hot’ list and fanning. You’re the best.

CHAPTER 38

          Two days later, the guests list was ready and Lucinda picked them up on her way to the card makers. “1500 people! And you called that small. That’s a lot of card to be made. It’s going to be a big wedding and we have to start arranging for the venue.” Lucinda said. Mum nodded while every other person present just looked on in silence. “How much will the cards cost?” Ed asked. He insisted on paying for almost everything, including my wedding dress, the cake, venue and also our transport to the venue. He only allowed mum and dad take care of the food and drinks after he and dad got into a fight about who should take some of the responsibility. “I don’t know yet but I’d tell you on my way back.” Lucinda said and prepared to leave. As soon as she was gone, my catalogue arrived. I, mum,Florence, Belinda and Brianna went through it and it was difficult making a choice because everything was so beautiful. “I’d choose this.” I finally said as I’d gone through all the six catalogues, I pointed to the dress and looked at their faces to see their reaction. “It seems to be the best in it, I agree to it. It’s beautiful and would be comfortable too.” Brianna said.

          The bodice of the tube gown had floral designs in blue and the rest of it, formed a Cinderella with a tail at the back. All the designs made on it were in blue which brought out the brilliance of the white gown. The veil had tiny mirrors and gem stones stitched into it and promised to glitter in the dark. Ed had already picked his suit, a black Italian suit with a blue shirt and a bow tie. I showed the dress I picked to him and he loved it, “Wow… you’d look like a princess in this. It’s even got my color on it. Have you thought of what your bridal train would wear?” he asked. “No. I’m just going to get to it now.Florence and the others will decide. I’ve chosen mine, anyway.” I replied and winked at him before I disappeared to join the girls again. We looked through the dresses for the bridal train andFlorence and belie finally settled for a short yellow halter gown with blue accessories and we decided the groom’s men would have to wear a navy blue suit and yellow shirt. We scanned the pages where we’d chosen the dresses from and faxed it to Mrs. White’s fax. In less than five minutes, the phone rang and belie picked it. “It’s Alex’s mum.” She said and handed the phone to mum. “Okay, the wedding dress… the bridal train… $3000, Okay what about the best lady’s? Oh okay, alright. Thank you very much friend. I’ll talk to you later. Yeah. bye.” Mum hung up and gave the list for the cost of the dresses to ed. “$14230, that’s the total. When does she want the money?” Ed asked mum as he summed the cost of the dresses again. “We’d talk about that when she sends the dresses. We’d send the girls’ measurement to her.” Mum replied and he nodded. Afterwards we had time to go through the décor for the venue which was at a waterfall. The color for the event was blue, yellow and a touch of silver. I’d chosen the flowers for my bouquet – roses, delphinium, sunflowers and white daises and the arrangement was just perfect.

                 The next day, I called Melissa and asked her to send her measurement and Brenda's too. “Is anything going on?” she asked. “No, I just got a dress and I want you both to have the same thing so we can wear it together when I come over.” I replied. I wanted it to be a surprise when they get the invitation cards and besides I didn’t want them rushing down when they have a lot to do. I called two other friends of mine back in high school - Phoebe and Marian, and asked for their sizes. When I’d gotten their sizes, I sent it to Mrs. White and joined Ed in the bedroom as we got ready to go to the jewellery store. “How many bridesmaids do you have?” Ed asked as we cuddled on the sofa and watched TV. “Just five and that’s Melissa, Brenda, phoebe, Belinda and Marian.Florence is my best lady.” I answered. “Phoebe? Isn’t that the girl you andFlorence sometimes walk with and the other too?” he asked and I nodded in agreement. “Yeah, that’s right. They’re one of the friends I still keep in touch with. So who are your groom’s men?” I asked. “Max is my best man. Brian, Michael, Evans, and two other friends – Philips and Emmanuel, I guess I introduced them to you at the dinner party.” He said and I nodded as I remembered the guys, they were his colleagues at the company. “Yeah, I remember them. That was before I ruined the party.” I joked and he laughed. “I’m so glad about the arrangements so far.” Ed said and kissed me. “Me too.” I said as he held his my hands in his.

              Four days later, I got a call from Melissa while I was relaxing in the bath tub. “I can’t believe what I’m seeing. You’re getting married.” Melissa shouted. “Yes girlfriend and you’re on my bridal train.” I laughed as Ed tickled my leg. “Ed! Stop it!” I shouted amidst laughter. “He’s with you? You romantics! Anyway, I’ve booked the next flight for everyone here to meet you… told… Brian wants to speak…” I wondered what was going on. “Hiya love, she didn’t want to give me the phone. Congratulations, I can’t wait to join you guys tomorrow. I can’t believe you’re having the fun without us.” Brain said and I laughed. “There’s so much fun waiting for you guys. How’s Brenda?” I asked. “She’s fine, should be in her house now she just left our place. I bet Max is dying to see her, anyway they speak to each other everyday.” He joked and we laughed. “He’s almost dead, so tell Brenda I want her here ASAP.” We laughed and when he and Melissa started fighting about who’d talk to me, I laughed and hung up. ‘That should settle you fight.’ I text – messaged her. A few minutes later, my phone beeped. ‘It sure did, love.’ Melissa replied and I laughed till I couldn’t anymore. Those two would have been better off as friends.

           Throughout the day, I received so many calls and texts from many well wishers who had gotten their invitation cards. It was aired on the Medias that we getting married and the scene where Ed proposed was played over and over again. We practically became a public figure. “We have to budget for another 1000 people now that it has been aired. Ed please let me take care of that you’ve done enough already.” Mum said as we watched the TV. “Okay, you can do that.” Ed agreed and mum made a call. That was my mum, a call and that thing is solved. She always knew whom to call. The beauticians arrived and started matching my skin with the makeup so they’d know the right colors to use on me. “I don’t want much makeup. I want powder with no foundation, a little bit of eye shadow and not too deep lipstick. My color’s pink.” I said to them when they brought out the numerous makeups. I didn’t want to end up looking like a masquerade on my wedding day. They matched the colors and came out with pink. “I told you that’s my color.” I said getting a bit irritated. Mum signaled to me to let them do their work and calm down. “Don’t forget to use the cleansers and Aloe Vera.” The lady said when she was leaving. “I won’t, thank you.” I said and saw her to the door. As soon as she was gone, I dropped the cleanser on the table and slumped on the settee, tired. I wasn’t going to use them anyway. Ed chuckled and read the name of the cleanser aloud. On hearing it, belie snatched it and rushed to put it in her hand bag. “Cool, I’ve been trying to getVictoria’s secret.”

Hey! Hey!! How was the chappie? I hope you loved it. I’m a bit groggy, just managed to type this for you guys. I think I’m gonna go sleep and dream of my very own wedding. Don’t you think? Love ya all…. don‘t forget to do something and that is…..

VOMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!