Chapter 33- I'm in for shocking surprises!

CHAPTER 33

Hey! I can guess how happy you guys must be, seeing this chappie. I can hear some people saying, “At last!” Anyways here’s the next chappie as I promised. I hope you guys love it and VOMMENT as you’ve being doing. Love ya all.

… the heart shaped building. “I built this structure, how can it be yours?” dad asked, the shock written all over his face. The building was very expensive and neared almost $500,000! How could Ed afford it? “It’s mine and I sent someone else to represent me and tell you it’s an automobile company so you wouldn’t suspect anything. My company paid half of the money which I’d pay back after 5years.” Ed replied smiling sheepishly. I looked at him, my mouth wide open. The heart shape building Max had designed? “Ed, I’m short of words, this is lovely and…and I don’t even know how to describe it….tremendous.” I said stumbling over my words. “It took me a long time to think of the structure I wanted yet I wanted something unique, something to let the world knowme.” Ed said.

           “I supervised it not knowing it was yours? I can’t believe this. Ed you’re a genius!” Evans said. “The genius here is Max who designed and made sure my company doesn’t collapse. I only thought of it.” Ed replied gesturing to Max. “Yeah, he sure is. I give that to him.” Dad agreed, Max smiled and blushed. He had been silent throughout with a naughty smirk on his face.

          We got out of limo and Ed took my hand in his arm as we walked in together, the camera on us and journalists asking about our relationship. We answered so many questions before we were allowed to pass through the thick mass of the lot of them. The name of the company was covered, part of the protocols he said. “You’re sitting with me?” Ed whispered into my ears. “No. I mean… I’m shy. I’d just sit with mum or Max.” I replied. “Okay, at least they won’t let any guy near you.” I smiled and pinched him. “Ouch!” he silently growled. He walked me to my seat which was beside Max’s and joined the high table guests. He wanted me to sit there? No way. The program began as soon as the officiating minister arrived. The ribbon to the main door was cut by the Minister for Works and then a thunderous applause followed.

            The exterior was painted in blue and the interior, yellow. I smiled at him when he looked back but when he smiled back, I felt the nausea again but then it left just as it came. “Mr. Edward White, your speech.” The M.C said. He got up as we applauded and walked to stand behind the pulpit-like stand. He adjusted the microphone and bowed slightly to the assembled crowd. “I thank you all for being here today to honor this event. Believe me it wasn’t easy putting this dream into a reality and I’m happy I had people to celebrate it with…” he gave his short welcome speech and then questions were thrown at him. “Mr. Edward, what made you want a heart-shaped building. This is the first erect heart shape building in history. Others that I know of can only be seen from the top.” One of the high table guests asked.

             “Well, the heart is dedicated to someone very special to me, the person who gave me the zeal to pursue greatness in life regardless of my background. Someone who’d stood by me, fought for me and gone through hell for me. That person is Fiona, my girlfriend.” He said and the crowd clapped even though most of them didn’t know who he was talking about. “Is she here?” one of the table guests asked. “Yes she is, and is smiling at me right now.” Ed said to confuse them the more and I couldn’t help laughing. Everyone looked around but there were many smiling young ladies and he didn’t mention my surname. Max nudged me and I pinched him back, as usual. “Oh that’s good. Can you please introduce the lucky Fiona to us?” the M.C asked again. I froze and silently begged with my eyes, “She’s….Fi, can you please stand up for recognition?” Ed said looking at me with I-don’t-have-an-option look. I wanted the ground to open and swallow me; I was so shy but managed to get up with my cheeks blazing red. Everyone clapped, recognizing who I was and the cameras were turned towards me while I put on my camera face.

            “Miss Fiona Douglas? Wow, she’s the lucky one. This is getting more interesting. Thank you Miss Fiona.” I sat down as soon as the M.C finished talking and exhaled. It felt like a huge weight had been taken off me. Ed talked about the colors and then I understood his choice. The yellow interior was representing me (I live in his heart). The guests applauded him, agreeing that he’d planned and executed it well. Tears misted my eyes as he spoke and Max had to dab at it with his kerchief. “I know how you feel.” Max said.       

“He’s done so much for me despite what my parents and teachers made him go through.” I said with a shaky voice.

              “You were the only one who loved him for who he was then, so you deserve it.” Max said, trying to calm me. “but it’…s just too m…uch. He didn’t have to do this much.” I let the tears drop onto the handkerchief and gently wiped them off. “Well, I guess it’s time we know the name of this beautiful company, our guests are so anxious to know” the master of ceremony said and I raised my eyes to see the covering as it was being removed by a helicopter and I got another shocking surprise. The crowd gasped and Max just smiled. Did he know about these?

Hey guys! So I have fulfilled my part, the rest is left to you to make sure you VOMMENT, it isn’t easy typing and writing and even thinking of a story. I’m happy cos I’m having a crush (at least that’s what I think). READ AND ENJOY CHAPPIE 33…. See ya as soon as I can get back to you guys.