Chapter 23- The homecoming.

Okay enjoy this chappie...

CHAPTER 23

          The semester came to an end and we were given a month break. As usual, I topped the 300L students and got more enemies than friends, I mean they’re like Is-she-the-only-one? Well you guys will have to work harder to beat me to it. I was given the brains personally by God. I don’t even have to read! Max, Melissa and Brian topped their departments and Max topped the 200L students. You know I’m a year ahead of them now. I would be resuming as a 400L, final year student and I couldn’t contain my joy.

“So, see you next month dear.” Brian said and gave me a peck on the cheek. We were all at my house; I was getting ready to leave for the airport. I and Ed were going back to Washington together.

“Yes dearies, see you next month and I’m going to miss you so much.” I hugged all of them and Melissa and I stayed longer. When we finally broke apart, there were tears in our eyes but we smiled at each other like it was nothing. A horn was honked and it startled us.

           “I’d better be on the way. You guys can make use of the car or house if you need It.” we walked to Ed who was waiting for me in his car. They said their byes to him and he drove out of the driveway.

“Take good care of her!” max shouted as we left and Ed honked back in response and we waved. “You all are so close.” Ed said glancing at me before looking back at the road. “Yeah, we are one big family. I’m missing them already.” I looked at the side mirror to check if my makeup hadn’t been smudged by the tears.

“Did you ever go back to D.C? I mean your house?” I asked wondering if people were staying there, if he’d sold it. “No I didn’t. I was too sad to go back. I locked up the house, I just pray someone hasn’t broken the locks and make use of the place.” I nodded and looked at his face. He smiled trying to hide the hurt he felt.

**                  ***                   ****                      *****                    ***                    ****         ***

              “Welcome back to Washington!” I said as the plane taxied the runway. We had spent one-third of our flight kissing and some people thought we had eloped. An old woman actually asked us to which we replied yes. “Thank you. It’s good to be back home.” We were in the state where we first fell in love, and I got heartbroken. Memories flooded our minds as he drove to Mayfair where I live. We got home in thirty minutes and I inhaled and swallowed before pressing the doorbell. He nodded at me and squeezed my hand. The door opened and the doorman, Josh bowed in greeting before he saw who it was.

           “Miss Fiona! Mr. Edward? What a pleasant surprise. Welcome home, everyone’s upstairs.” Josh said as I hugged him. He and Ed clasped hands and nodded at each other. I gestured to Ed to follow me upstairs; he hesitated at first but changed his mind when I pulled him along with me. Mum, dad, Belinda and Evans were having lunch and dad almost dropped his knife into his wine cup. The others looked up and Belinda flew out of her chair, to hug me? Hell no, she flew into Edward's arms. Evans hugged me first before he hugged Ed.

           “Darling! You’re back. Come here and give dad a kiss.” I did just as he said and he shifted his attention to Ed. “Come here, my boy. It’s good to see you again and sorry for the past times.” Dad said as he stood up to hug Ed. Everyone seemed to talk at once and they almost tore Ed into pieces especially mum who wouldn’t leave his hand. Our lunch was served and I couldn’t believe it was the same Ed everyone didn’t want to get involved with. As if reading my thought, Evans nodded and winked at me. My luggage was taken to my room by Cindy, one of the maids. They wanted to put Ed’s in the guestroom but he insisted he was going to his house or spend the night in a hotel. We saw him to the door after he’d answered everyone’s questions. He got into the car after insisting that I stay behind and rest. “I’d call you as soon as I’m settled, okay?”

“Okay. Don’t forget to.” He drove off and I watched him till he disappeared around the corner.

          “Wow! He’s freaking hot, handsome, sexy, good-looking, seductive –”, Belinda said before dad cut in. “Belinda! You don’t want to snatch your sister’s boyfriend, do you?” dad said smiling at me. He was definitely happy for me. “Dear she’s right, I mean look at how changed he is. Fi, darling, I forgot to tell you we saw him on Australia channel. He’s won so many awards. I’m so proud of him.” Mum said and I blushed when Evans winked at me.

“Thanks mum, I can’t even express my feelings right now and since he came back. I’ve been more than happy and thank you all for seeing him for who he really is and welcoming him. It meant a lot. He never came back here until today.” I said with tears of joy threatening to fall. We talked for a long time and dad asked for my results. I opened my laptop and sent it to his email which he checked.

            “Good, came out top of the year three students again. You always make me proud. Belinda came second in her class too.” Dad said. Evans had applied for work at dad’s company and he got the post of the construction supervisor. He was the one supervising some of the buildings that were being erected in the state.

“He’s doing very well with his work. You know how much he loves mathematics, well he’s putting it to work and if I’m satisfied to the end, he’d get a promotion.” Dad said looking at Evans who was giving me the thumbs up sign.

           My phone rang and I picked it on the first ring when I saw it was Ed. “Hello love. What’s up?” belie raised her eyebrow and Evans winked. “I just left the house, its okay but needs cleaning so I’d get some people to do it tomorrow. I’m at Grandview hotel now, room 455. Are you coming?” Ed said.

“Of course, expect me in the evening. You need to rest too cos you’d need your strength. Okay?” I ran a hair through my hair and wanted to just jump into the phone and see him.

“Okay love. I love you.” He said. “Always?” I asked. “Always.” He replied before I hung up.

Story getting more interesting? Well I hope you liked it and thanks to all those who voted and liked my story. I’m currently #542 on the What’s Hot list. I want to make it to #1 and you guys are going to help me do that, right? VOMMENT..... Love you all.