Chapter 40- I do!!!

CHAPTER 40

              “Will you, Edward White take Fiona Douglas as your wife, loving what you know of her and trusting unknown? Will you share the joys and sorrows of life and bring her into the very depths of your being? Will you honour her, trust her, respect her individuality and integrity, love her uniquely in the world as long as you both shall live?” the priest said as I and ed faced each other taking our vows. “I will.” Ed answered; the priest turned to me and asked me the same question. “I will.” I answered.

             “Who gives this woman out in marriage to this man?” the priest asked and dad came out and handed me over to the priest. “I do.” Dad said with tears in his eyes, threatening to fall. My hand was placed before Ed, who took it with his right hand. We faced each other and he made his vow. “I, Edward White take you, Fiona Douglas to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day onward, for better for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death according to God’s holy law. This is my solemn vow.” Ed said, looking into my eyes. I took his right hand in mine and made my vow.

            “I, Fiona Douglas take you, Edward White, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day onward, for better for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and o cherish, till death do us part according to God’s holy law. This is my solemn vow.” We released each other’s hands and waited for the priest. “Heavenly father, by your blessing, let these rings to Edward and Fiona be symbols of unending love and faithfulness, to remind them of their vows and covenants which they have made this day, through Jesus Christ our lord. Amen.” Ed slid the wedding band into the fourth finger of my left hand and holding it, said, “I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage, with my body I honour you…” the rings were exchanged and we knelt before the priest as he joined us as man and wife. “You may kiss the bride.” Ed sealed my lips with his as the congregation clapped and flowers were thrown at us.

                I threw my bouquet and watched as the bridal train struggled to get it.Florence finally caught it and flowers were thrown at us as we walked out of the church. We got onto the carriage that brought us and headed to King’s palace hotel where we’d change clothes and meet the guests at the reception venue. I kissed Ed as the horses galloped off and the crowd cheered. Flashes from cameras almost blinded us.

Ha ha ha.........thats it guys.