Chapter 24- One in a million holiday!

Welcome to this chappie, but let me warn you. There’s a scene you might find uncomfortable but well its non-teen.

CHAPTER 24

                 I woke up and saw a vase of sunflowers beside the bed. Definitely Ed, I smiled and picked up the note beside it. It was 10am. ‘For the love I found in you, my life has been as bright and sunny like these sunflowers. I’ll always love you. Ed.’ I smiled and inhaled the scent.

“Morning, my love.” I looked behind me and saw Ed. Oh yes I’d slept with him in his hotel room. He was still in his pyjamas, I rolled over to his side and we kissed. We had our bath together and had a quick love making right in the bathtub. We dried each other, got dressed and headed to the park. We went under the big oak tree which used to be our love spot.

“Remember this was where we first kissed?” he asked. How could I ever forget? I mean he was my first love. “Oh yeah I do, that was my first kiss. I can’t ever forget.” We walked round the park, holding hands like we used to. The only difference was that people didn’t give us a disapproving look like they did back then.

             “Excuse me, are you Mr. Edward White?” a young lady asked. She was probably in her early 30’s.

“Yes I am. Can I help you? I don’t think I know you.” Ed replied looking confused. “No, of course you don’t know me; I’m one of your fans on Australia channel. You won many awards, very hardworking too. I’m Sheila brown.” She extended her hands and Ed shook it. I smiled and waited for him to introduce me.

“Wow, thanks for being a fan, you guys keep me going. This is my girlfriend, Fiona Douglas.” He said gesturing at me; I offered my hand which she shook. “Douglas? Are you related to the prestigious Douglas? The owner of the best architecture company?” she asked. I nodded. “I’m his first child.” I said proudly and squeezed Ed’s hand.

              “Oh my, I’m meeting V.I.P’s without invitation!” we all laughed and she said bye and left. “I hope everyone doesn’t recognise me else we might make a scene here.” We hadn’t taken up to twenty steps when a media man met us and asked for permission to video and interview us. We disagreed and he went on anyway stalking us until we finally granted him his request. Ed kissed me in front of the camera and people clapped madly. I blushed, I wasn’t expecting it. We rushed away from the scene and fled to my house.

            “We’d definitely be on the papers by tomorrow, I hate the press sometimes.” Ed said as we got into my room. Nobody was at home so we got out of our cloths and cuddled in bed in our underwears and watched TV while eating popcorn and ice cream.

“I’m used to it, you know mum and dad often get interviewed and sometimes when we have our family day out, we always end up being snapped.” I said and snuggled closer to him. He nodded and we didn’t talk, just kept quiet and savoured the romantic time we had together.

****    ****          * ****       *********                    ****          ****               ***                        ***

              Two weeks passed by pretty soon drawing my resumption date closer, but every moment of it was interesting. Dad’s work was moving smoothly and Ed’s too. I called Florence often and we’d talk about our plans for the future. Melissa and co got in touch too and we all can’t wait to see each other again. I stacked the plates I and Ed had used to eat sausages back in the cupboard. He’d gotten people to clean the house and restored it in just a week. It had been repainted in yellow and blue and almost everything in the house had a touch of both colours. The kitchen was tiled with beautiful blue patterned tiles and everywhere was sparkling. The only room he didn’t touch was his dad’s. He wanted to remember him for who he was and how he lived. Well he owed his dad that, don’t you think?