Chapter 32- The D-day.

CHAPTER 32

            It was Saturday, the D-day and everyone was buzzing with excitement. I got up early and soaked myself inside the warm water in the bathtub to which I’d added Lavender and Rose scent oils and also Aloe Vera. Florence and I stayed in the same room and she was the one who gave me the scent oils. I threw some rose petals into the water and relaxed, pampering myself. The opening ceremony was scheduled for 11am and I still had four more hours. The room service brought breakfast which was potatoes, chicken soup and orange drink. I ate mine in the bathtub, not a good thing but I had to get soaked for two hours. Two whole hours!

             “This soup tastes stale.” I said to Florence who was busy sipping hers with a spoon. “No it doesn’t, tastes real good and delicious too.” She argued. “Then why is it tasting bad in my mouth?” I persisted. The taste was really bad and I couldn’t explain how she could tell me the opposite. “Maybe you ate something that doesn’t go with chicken soup or your taste buds are faulty.” She joked. I shrugged and forced the soup into my stomach and that turned out to be the deadly mistake I made. 30mins later, I started feeling nauseous and ended up vomiting the soup and potatoes. Florence rushed to my side with tissue paper to mop up the vomit. “Are you okay?” she asked with worry in her voice. “Yeah I am. Thank god I didn’t do in in the bathtub. I told you that soup was stale.” I replied her and sat upright in the bathtub. “I don’t know, I don’t even understand now. How can the same soup taste good and stale at the same time? Maybe they gave you the stale one. We have to report them to their manager.” “No, no that won’t be necessary. I’m fine now, really. I don’t want anyone getting into trouble.” I quickly said. “Is that a reason, when they could have killed you? Anyway the floor’s clean.” She replied and flushed the tissues down the toilet. “Thanks, can you get me more juice?” I said and sat up well. “Okay, just relax and don’t vomit again.” I nodded and she disappeared while I wondered why the soup tasted stale.

              Florence zipped me up as I turned my back to her. I wore a blue satin spaghetti gown and reluctantly removed my locket. “He’s here now. He gave it to you to look at and wear when he’s faraway.” Florence insisted I removed the locket. I removed it and wore a chandelier – like diamond earring which mum had borrowed me. Ed came into the room dressed in a black fitted suit and sky blue shirt. His dark hair was handsomely straightened and he had side boards done too which made him look so young and handsome. He drew me into his arms and kissed my nose before sliding to my mouth. “Hhmmn... lavender and .... Rose?” he asked and I smiled. “You smell so seductive, I’d have to stay beside you for the rest of the day.” He joked and we laughed. Florence sat in front of the mirror and did her makeup and her hair. “Want me to do my hair?”  I asked Ed. “no, just let it fall. I love it this way.” He replied and ran a hand through my long hair. “Okay.” I sat on the bed and pulled him beside me and wore my shoe, the one he’d gotten for me. It was blue suede with a blue satin ribbon by the side and a 3-inch heel. “I’m glad it fits, I just guessed your size.” Ed said and stroked my thigh. “Yeah, it does fit. Thank you, love.” I said and kissed him.

            The door opened and Michael came in. “You guys ready?” he asked and gave Florence a cute kiss. Those two fitted each other perfectly. “Yes, all set.” I stood up and allowed Ed be my escort out of the room. We got into the waiting limos that had been arranged for the guests and drove to the venue of the company. I, dad, mum and those who knew about the company gasped, in shock. I never thought I was in for this kind of shock. Before me, was...

We’re going for a commercial break now, don’t go away. Stay tuned. Hahaha... suspense? What do you think is the shock and surprise about? Anyways VOMMENT and don’t forget to feed me back on my riddles and questions. I can’t think of anything for now, I’ve just been released by the aliens who kidnapped me. Man! They are so gross and slimy and... and...

Sorry about that. Next chappie?  When I’ve gotten a hundred and fifty votes.