Introduction

( Hiii so this is the first chapter! I'm an inexperienced writer but I hope you enjoy- also suggestions are welcome for the story ❤️)

(Also can you please leave a vote or follow my user! It really helps get my story out to more people and I also really appreciate it!!)

You stood down at the bottom of the stairs inside the Madrigals house, holding your mama's hand. Up above you watched as the Madrigal triplets each placed their hands on the glowing doorknobs in front of them.

Each door glowed bright as each triplet received their gift that they would have for the rest of their lives. Even at your young age you envied how lucky they were as the sun grew brighter up above.

Alma Madrigal, the triplets mama, embraced the triplets and everybody clambered up the stairs to see what lay beyond the doors. 

You ran to Pepa's room first and peered in- admiring the magical inside with awe. Next you went over go Julieta's room and ran around it happily.

You ran out of Julieta's room and over to Bruno's with a smile. You paused upon seeing nobody at Bruno's door except Bruno himself.
"Hi Bruno!" You said with a small smile as you approached him. 

Bruno turned to face you with clear excitement on his face. "Y/n!" He called happily.

You had been born only a few months after the triplets so you had grown up with them leaving you in a close friendship.

"What's in your room?" You asked with curiosity. Bruno scratched the back of his neck before leading you over to his door.

He brought you over to a veil of sand and poked his head through.

You peered in after him and felt your jaw drop. "It's HUGE!" You said in shock. "So many stairs too!"

Bruno shrugged, clearly unhappy with his room. "It isn't a very good room." He mumbled looking up into the tower.

You nodded in agreement. "But I wanna see the top!" You said with a big grin. You grabbed his ruana and flung the both of you down the slope of sand behind the veil.

You both screamed as you tumbled down the slope together. You quickly came to a painful stop at the bottom and spat sand out of your mouth.

You were both covered in scratches and Bruno had somehow even gained a black eye. Bruno sat up a little farther away from you looking terrified. "I want my Mama!" He cried childishly. 

You got up and started to drag Bruno by his ruana again towards the stairs. Bruno protested for a while before giving up and clambering to his feet.

He followed you reluctantly up the stairs. You clambered up the stairs on all fours and collapsed to the ground when you reached the top. You sat up still breathing heavily.

You peered over to the top of the stairs where Bruno was pulling himself up dramatically.

After you had both caught your breaths you turned to a large cave opening with a dark inside. "I'm scared... there might be rats in there!" Bruno said, clinging to your arm.

You dragged him into the cave and up to a large metal door that swung open slowly. "Okay let's go back before we die!" Bruno said trying to run away.

"Oh shush you big baby!" You said whacking him on the arm and dragging him through the door.

You stood still inside the room, observing it. "You're right... this place isn't good at all!" You said putting your hands on your hips with a frown.

Bruno walked forward slowly and picked up a handful of sand, letting it run through his fingers.

"What are you doing?" You asked walking over to him.

Bruno just closed his eyes and opened them again. You jumped back in shock as his eyes glowed a bright green and sand started to float up around you.

You ran forward and grabbed Bruno's ruana in terror. "Bruno I think a ghost is here!!" You screamed.

Bruno shook his head as the sand became a whirling blurred dome around you both. Within the sand a green light glowed showing the image of Bruno and you running back down the stairs, then you and Bruno looking older and reading together.

The green kept shifting showing images of Bruno and you having fun together before Bruno blinked and the sand fell down.

"Was that..." You started in awe. "A GHOST!?"

Bruno shook his head with a massive grin. "That was the future!" He said grabbing your arm and pulling you out of the room.

"I need to tell Mama!" Bruno said in delight - running down the stairs with you close behind him.

You reached the bottom and ran out of the room, towards the stair case to go downstairs where everybody was celebrating.

Bruno grabbed your arm again as Casita turned the stairs case into a slide. You both descended with squeals and continued to run.

You dragged Bruno through the crowd causing him to run awkwardly into several different people. "Mama!" Bruno yelled happily running in front of you and up to Alma. 

"What is it Bruno?" She asked turning around to face Bruno.

"I can tell futures!!" Bruno yelled happily. Alma clapped her hands together and embraced Bruno proudly.

"We shall all keep celebrating!" Alma said joyfully.

You grabbed Bruno's arm and you both ran off to see Julieta and Pepa.

Later at night your Mama and Papa came up to you as you played with the triplets and told you that it was time to leave. 

You said goodbye to the triplets and let your papa carry you out of Casita.

"They are so lucky they get to have gifts." You say with a yawn.

Your mama reaches over and strokes your head. "Well Y/n, they are very lucky but in a way we all have gifts that make us special." She said.

You slowly drifted off to sleep as your Papa carried you through town.

I wonder what my gift is. You thought before falling asleep. 

(Thanks for reading - just so you know Y/n goes by They/Them in the story and you can choose how to dress! I'll be doing 3 or 4 chapters today and another 3 or 4 tomorrow too!!) [1021 words]